Chapter 25 - To Pakistan

Aaban's maternal cousin was getting married in Pakistan and his mother had planned to go back this time. It had been long since she last visited her relatives. She also thought that it was a good opportunity to let everyone meet her daughter-in-law. Haneen was skeptical about going there. She was excited to go back to Pakistan, she had missed her home country very much but going there and living at someone else's home whom she barely knew was a bit awkward.

Nevertheless, on his mother's insistence, she had to give in. Aaban had also taken a month long leave from his office for the first time in forever. He had never been to Pakistan and so this was a new adventure for him. The image that the media painted wasn't very good but he wanted to see what it actually was like.

"Aaban, can you drop me at Mumma's? I want to meet them before leaving. She was also asking for you to come there if you aren't busy." She asked, hopefully.

"Okay. We'll go in the evening."

"Thankyou." She instantly became happy. She didn't need much to be happy. These little things made her very happy and her happiness was so radiant that it made everything around her glow as well.

In the evening, they were sitting there, having tea and discussing random things.

"I wish I could go back to Pakistan too." Her father spoke. "I miss everyone."

"Then you should come with us." Haneen chirped in.

"It's not that easy, my darling. But yes, I am planning to go there soon."

"Alone huh?" Her mother, narrowed her eyes at him.

"Of course not, my begum [wife] won't allow me to go alone anywhere." Her father spoke, faking disappointment.

"You cannot even do one thing on your own without me and you are pretending as if you can go alone." She spoke annoyed.

Haneen giggled seeing their banter. She always adored her parents' relationship and wished for something similar for herself.

Aaban and her still had a long way to go but she wasn't rushing anything. Baby steps is all it takes to finally reach your destination.

"Oh, I forgot. Hanie, your wedding pictures just came. Make sure to take them with you." Hana spoke.

"Really? That's great. Let me see." She asked her as Hana brought out the album. Haneen settled beside Aaban as they both looked at their wedding photos. For someone who was forced into an arranged marriage, both of them looked rather happy in their pictures and someone who didn't know about it would surely think that they were in love by looking at those pictures. Her heart fluttered at those pictures and she felt happy. Aaban hid a smile seeing her like that.

After that, Hana took her inside her room.

"So, how's everything with the baby and all?" Haneen asked.

"My first trimester just ended. It was the toughest. But now, I feel tired all the time."

She chuckled. "Well, you've to sacrifice to gain something precious."

"Hanie, I can't believe that I am going to be a mother soon. I still feel like a teenager myself."

"You'll believe it when you hold your baby in your arms for the first time." Haneen replied.

"You are talking as if you are very experienced. Forget about me? What about you? Any news?" She wiggled her eyebrows.

"No news. We aren't thinking about it yet." She blushed.

"Come on. Don't you get bored alone. At least, you'll have someone to play with all the time."

"I will play with your baby. Don't worry." Haneen giggled.

Just then, her mother came inside.

"Hanie, Aaban is calling you."

"Ji, Mumma." She came outside.

"I have to go now. Do you want to stay?" He whispered to her.

"No, let's go." She replied and then bid goodbye to her family for one month because tomorrow night was her flight.

After coming home, she packed for a while, gathering all the left over luggage and then slept because she was tired from all of that.

°°°°°

Fligts always made her sick and nauseous specially during take off and landings. Aaban was seated far away from her. She was sitting with one of his female cousins and she didn't know how to call Aaban there in place of her. She wanted him with her. She looked at him again and again who was busy in talking to the man beside him. She waited for him to see her. After almost five minutes, he made eye contact with her. She gestured with her eyes and hands and he understood. He nodded at her and excused himself. He got up from his seat and came near her.

"Safa! Would you give us a minute and go to my seat? I need to talk to her." He asked the girl sitting beside Haneen.

"Sure, Aaban bhai. [brother]" She winked at Haneen and got up to join her brother.

As soon as he settled beside her, she held his arm tightly as she was feeling extremely nauseous.

"Hey, you alright?" He asked her, holding her hand in his.

"I feel dizzy and nauseous." She replied honestly.

"Excuse me." He called one of the air hostess.

"Yes Sir?" The hostess smiled at him.

"Can I get a blanket?" He asked.

"Sure sir. Right away." She replied and brought a blanket quickly.

"Try to sleep. You'll feel better."
He opened the pack and unfolded the blanket. He covered her with the blanket as she pulled her legs up. She placed her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes. He patted her head as she made herself comfortable. She slept for a while there holding his hand.

It would have been almost 5 hours when she woke up in between and made eye contact with Safa who was smirking at her. She rubbed her eyes and saw what was so funny. Her eyes grew wide as she saw the blanket on the floor and Aaban's arm wrapped around her. He was also asleep beside her with a cheesy smile on his face. She couldn't help but smile seeing how peacefully he was asleep right now and then went back to sleep in her cozy place.