Chapter 8 - The D-Day.

The day was finally here. The day she was going to be his wife, officially. Her dress was chosen by her mother and mother in law. Aaban's mother had actively participated in all the shopping and decor because Aaban was her only son and child and she wanted to make this wedding, an experience of a lifetime. She wanted everything to be perfect. Haneen found it adorable how much she loved him. Even Aaban was very obedient of her. He always listened to her. No matter how irrational her demands might be sometimes, he would always make sure to make her happy.

Haneen was getting ready. She had just refreshed her Henna yesterday and it came out the brightest shade of red. Everybody teased her about having a loving husband. She just brushed it off because she didn't believe in such useless myths. As she got ready, her family came in her room. They became teary eyed seeing how beautiful and happy she looked. She hugged her mother, her father and her brother one by one. Although, it was still one month to go for the wedding but their hearts had started getting heavier the day they saw Haneen as a bride for the first time on her Dholki night. They were going to miss the baby of their house very much. There were no second thoughts about it. Haneen descended down the stairs with her mother as her brother and father left for the mosque where the nikkah ceremony was to take place. After waiting for an hour, her uncles, father and brother came inside the room with the signing papers.

With trembling hands, she finally signed on the papers as tears made their way out. The rest of the men left patting her head lovingly, giving the family some personal space. The tears had made their way out. Her father was really emotional seeing his daughter as a bride. She was still his baby in his heart. He remembered the time that he had held her for the first time in his arms and she had instantly given him a smile. They remembered the time Yousaf was ecstatic as they brought his baby sister home.

"Please, don't cry guys." Haneen cried.

"We are just happy for you, baby."

As she came out of the room with a red nose, Aaban was forced to hold her hand and bring her to the couch. They were made to sit together and sweets were distributed. Her mother in law fed them both and kissed their heads.

"I wish you both a lifetime of happiness and love together. MashaAllah, mere bachey. Kisi ki nazar na lage." [My babies. May they be protected from evil eyes.] She became teary eyed as well when Aliya came and gave her a side hug.

Haneen looked like a beautiful dream in her simple white dress with rose and white gajras [flower bracelet] in her hands. Aaban looked exquisite in a simple white kurta with a waistcoat over it. He had worn traditional for the first time and it suited him the best.

After the sweets were distributed, the rings were brought.

"Hanie, give him your hand." Hana teased. She narrowed her eyes at him, giving her a death stare making Aaban chuckle inside. Nevertheless, she moved her hand a bit forward as it trembled like anything. Secretly, he found it really adorable and so he leaned his forward to give her some support. She gulped as he held her hand and her heartbeat fastened. As soon as he slid the ring, she let out the breath that she had been holding in for too long.

As they fed the sweets to the new bride and groom, nervousness took the best of Haneen. Aaban was a bit nervous too but he maintained his composure well. Haneen on the other hand was hyperventilating. She was almost red. It was like a deja vu to the time when she was giving her first presentation.

"You okay?" He asked. She quickly nodded and wiped the sweat off her forehead.

"Here." He handed her a glass of water. Her hands were shaking as she gulped down a little. "Thora relax karne ki koshish karo." [Try to relax]

He spoke without realizing that his hand was clasped in hers. She nodded and took in a deep breath. It was strangely comforting. It was a strange feeling for both of them to be the husband and wife for each other. They both were extremely shy and barely looking at each other but he was a bit concerned for her because she didn't look too well. She seemed like having a panic attack before he offered her the water and reassured her. The function went on in full swing. Everybody was so happy and enjoying to the fullest. The photographer was capturing every moment of the couple and the families

"Are you hungry?" Aaban asked before eating himself.

"No, thanks." She spoke and continued fiddling with her bangles and rings. "I am going to my room."

She got up and held her heavily embroidered duppata. She was barely balancing herself in those high heels and heavy dress. He stood up beside her. Suddenly, she lost her balance and twisted her ankle, she was about to fall down when he caught her mid-air as the photographer clicked away the moment, Haneen stared at him with wide eyes and open mouth.

"Still clumsy as ever. huh." He raised his brow as she stood with a blank expression.