Chapter 41: Aftermath

Jee's POV

Nothing. I feel nothing. Darkness surrounds me everywhere as I try to find a way out. The feeling is familiar. All too familiar. My mind wants to let go but my heart is telling me to stay. I have something to live for.

I am trapped behind a glass door. There's nothing but darkness trailing behind me. Im looking through the door and see a hospital bed. There's a girl there, a fragile, weak, pale girl. Healing cuts were covering every inch of her legs and arms. She was breathing but she was barely there. I had to get to that girl. That girl was me afterall.

I bang on the glass door, over and over again. I'm screaming at her, but she won't listen. She can't move. I try ramming into it but the door was solid. I just stood there with my hands desperately pressed on the door, head down.

Then I feel a soft wind pass me, containing a certian smell. This I could recognize. It was the sent of the shirts I used to sleep in, the back hugs I received, the chest I layed my head on. It was him. He's here. I look up and see that he walked right past me and the door. In his hands were a dozen light pink roses that he soon placed in a vase on the bedside table next to the frail girl.

"Hi, Jee." He pulled up a chair next to the bed. He took my left hand in both of his and began kissing my knuckles. "It's been 3 days, in case you were wondering. You still haven't woken up but I'm never losing hope that you will soon. I hope you can hear me."

I start banging on the door some more but it maintains its shut state. "Yugyeom! I'm here. I hear you."

He sighs and continues to speak to my unconscious body. "Why didn't you tell me? You know you can tell me everything. I know you told me about going to a psychologist but I thought it was just because of the bullying. You never told me you tried killing yourself. You almost bled to death that day."

I looked down in shame as I recalled the day I almost lost my life. It was 3 months after Yugyeom left. The bullying was constant. There were still people laughing at me on every corner with no friends I could rely on. I was basically a loner. I got so depressed to a point in which i felt nothing. Call my problems minor but everyone deals with everything in a different way.

That day I went to my locker, which was usually covered in graffiti by my fellow classmates, but intead of the usual hateful words, there was a light blue sticky note instead.

I tore it off my locker ready to read another nasty comment but instead i was caught by surprise.

It read: Meet me in the gym after lunch. I have a surprise for you.- KYG

The handwriting wasnt exact but i didnt realize what that would entail after I followed its directions. I felt a growth of hope in me. I thought he was back. He finally did and was here to surprise me.

Boy, was I wrong.

I headed to the gym after I scarfed down whatever little food i brought from home that day. I pushed passed the doors and stepped into the dimly lit gym.

There was a tall figure standing in the middle of the gym with its back to me. It had to be him, right?

I quickened my pace and reached him in a matter of seconds. "Yugyeom?" I poked his shoulder. 

He turned around but I didn't see the person I was hoping to encounter. It was just another one of Ailee's puppets. 

"Oh um..I'm sorry." I started backing away but i just bumped into something behind me. I turned around to see a wall of Ailee and her friends.

"Aw, were you looking for someone?"

I crossed my arms across my chest and looked down. "No, i was just leaving."