Chapter 18: Fix you

"Wow."

Yugyeom props me back on the floor and I shuffle away from him a bit. I mean we were about to kiss again! How did I even almost let that happen?

"Why is it that I always find you two in this situation?" JYP comes fully into the room accompanied by BamBam. I guess he found his phone but lost me.

"I- we were just messing around," I try to explain, scooting even further from him.

"That was messing around?" BamBam asks with his eyebrows raised so high. "Imagine what you guys could do with a practiced dance routine!"

"That's just what I was thinking," Jyp puts his hand on his chin. Then he walks over and moves Yugyeom next to me once again. "There's something about you two especially when you dance. I don't know, there's this sort of vibe that just screams at whoever is watching. Its almost like chemestry."

I laugh sarcastically. "It's far from that."

"Trust me," BamBam inputs.

Yugyeom snakes his arm around me and pulls me closer, which only makes our boss even happier.

"See what I mean? Look how natural and fitting you two look for each other."

I shoot Yugyeom a death look and he just smirks back. That asshole.

"I've got it. We needed something to help promote your group Sungjee. Now I know just what to do. GOT7 is going to perform a couple of songs on a show next  week."

"Yeah?"

Yugyeom tightens his hold on my waist, anticipating what was about to be announced.

"You should promote your group by doing a dance with Yugyeom. Something along the lines of what you just did. Something romantic in which Sungjee takes control like she just did. It completely goes with the concept we're trying to portray for the group. It's a great way to get your name out there which will lead to more awareness of Daydream."

I look away and down to the floor only to have my chin lifted by Yugyeom's hand. He turned my head to face him. "Come on Jee. I know I'm not your favorite person in the world.."

"You got that right," BamBam interrupts again. Gosh, this boy.

Yugyeom gives him a look telling him to shut up. BamBam backs away a little, holding his hands up in defense.
"But listen," he continues, "do this for you and your friends. Not for me. I'm 100% willing to do this if it means helping you out. What do you say?"

I look back a Jyp who was looking at us as if we were a newly wed couple then back into Yugyeom's eyes. Soft brown eyes you can get lost in so easily from their joyfulness, sincerity, and love.

"Fine."
~~~~~~~~~~~
The next day we had to go back to school. Yay. But I'm trying to keep a good attitude. I just made captain! I could be a whole new person here even if the one thing that tainted my past does go here.

I walk down the hallway that leads to my locker and surprise surprise, it was crowded by the same group of fangirls. It's great that they have fans and all but yo, idols need their space too.

I push past some of them as descretly as I could. I didn't want to get the dirty looks and all like last time.

"Hi, Sungjee! Your hair looks great!"

"Um, thanks," I tell the girl that complimented me. Weird, they usually hate me due to the fact that Yugyeom doesn't.

"I heard you're  a new trainee for JYP entertainment!" another girl added. Bingo. Someone spilled the news already and we're not even five minutes into school yet.

"Tell us about your debut!"

"Are you gonna be famous like Yugyeom!?"

I detect Yugyeom at the head of the crowd and shoot him a glare. He shrugs in his defense.

The bell rings and the girls 'aw' and soon disassemble to go to each of their classes, leaving Yugyeom and I alone in the hallway.

Now I can finally grab my books and head to class. Oh wait. I can't because there's a giant boy standing right in front if my locker.

"Hi!"

"Did you have to go and tell them?" I ask fairly annoyed. I shoved him away lightly so I could proceed in opening my locker and getting ready for class before the bell rung.

"What's wrong with that? They were insulting you so I said that to defend you. They wish they could have an opportunity like that," he says as he picks up his book bag from the floor.

"I wanted to make friends by just being me! I thought things could be better here. I thought things wouldn't get corrupted again but now people will only like me for the fame. I don't wanna have people crowding around me like you everyday who pretend to be your friends when in reality they don't know you at all." I slam my locker shut and start walking away. Unfortunately, his extremely long legs had no problem catching up to me.

His grabbed my arm and spun me around. "What do you mean different here? You had tons of friends back home. Sure, some of our old crew turned their backs on you but everyone loved you!"

"Yeah, had. You don't know anything do you?" By this time, tears were threatening to spill from my eyes. I couldn't let him see me cry at the thought of everything that happened back home. I tilt my head down.

He tilts my head up again like when we were with Jyp. "Jee, what happened? I thought I left you in good hands. I thought you'd be fine meanwhile I got back. And trust me, I was going to. You didn't think I was just going to leave you?"

"Well you should've told me! Instead of leaving me stranded the night after you took my virginity. Leaving me stranded to get bullied everyday at school. Leaving me helpless, defenseless and with no more self esteem. Leaving me having to see a psychologist everyday during the summer. You have no idea, Yugyeom!" I finally lashed out. No holding back anymore. I probably shouldn't have told him that but he pushed me off the edge. He thought he could pass it off so easy when I went through hell and back because of him.

"Sungjee, I-i had no idea. I would have never left if I'd had known that's how things would have turned out. Believe me, please. Don't cry." He reached out for my arm in attempt to console me. I didn't even realize I was full on sobbing now. How weak of me.

"But you did! And the damage is done," I shout back. "There's nothing you can do about it now."

He grabbed me by both shoulders and looked down into my eyes. It almost seemed as if he was about to cry too. "Yes, I can."

"No, you can't!"

"Yes. I know you're broken and that's all my fault. I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you but I'm here now. And I'm here for you. Let me mend your heart. Let me mend it so you forget all about the horrific things you went through. Enough for you to finally love me back the way I love you. You may say that you'll never love again, but I won't let that happen. I'll show you how to fall in love again. I'll make you fall in love again, with me. I don't care how long it takes. Just let me fix what I've messed up. Let me fix you."

I push the hair away from my face and wipe a couple of the tears off as well. "That won't be such a simple task."

"I know that and I don't care. You will love me again King Sungjee. As a matter of fact, the fixing starts now. Come on." He starts dragging me towards the exit.

"Yugyeom, we can't just leave like this!" I shout, fighting against his pull.

"We'll come back."

"But then we'll be marked tardy,"I say still fighting him.

"We're already late. Did you not hear the bell ring like 2 minutes ago?"

Oh yeah. I guess I couldn't hear it  under all the stress I just endured a minute ago.

"Plus," he continues, "if there's one thing I learned from being and idol and going to school is: if you're gonna be late, you might as well be hella late."

And just like every other time in my life with him, I gave in.