Chapter 8- Reencounters

I spent the next month and a half just catching up with him. Well...not in person but through every video I could find of him. Every Real Got7, performance, interview, and show appearance. He hasn't changed at all. He's still that giant (literally) goofball that I fell in love with years ago.

Watching him in a way kind of gave me some closure. At least now I know how he's been, what he's been doing and what not. Now I can move on. He has a whole new life now. Besides he hit it and quit it. That's all he probably ever wanted. Just like Jake.

Whatever, I can start a new life too. Their Girls Girls Girls promotions just ended and they're going back to school tomorrow. But so am I and nothing's going to hold me back like at my last school. There will be no Yugyeom to depend on so I finally get to be my own person. New life begins now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walk in through the doors of my new school and take another look at the schedule I printed out yesterday. I headed to my locker which was still on the first floor and right by a vending machine. Score. I start organizing my locker and personalizing it when a group of girls starts crowding around the area of  my locker.

"Oh my god! He's back!"

"He'll be here any minute!"

The crowd started getting bigger and bigger so I just decided to grab my things and go. Things were getting too chaotic.

The bell rang anyway so I started going up to my first class. Math, ew. We went through that whole awkward introduction thing that every class does. Pretty bland. I went through the same routine in English, and art. I didn't really talk to anyone. I was too scared I would get hurt again like at my old school if I got involved with anyone.

I finally got to homeroom which is two periods till the end of the day. The end of the day signifies going back to my own place.

Why do teachers always assign seats alphabetically on the first day? Some even make you stay in those same seats all year long. I sat next to Yugyeom a lot though. My last name is King and his is Kim so we usually ended up sitting next to each other. But whatever. The person I'm supposed to sit next to wasn't here all day. Kind of sucks to miss the first day. His/her last name was Kim too and they're in all my classes. I'm kind of glad they were absent today though. More leg space for me.

The speaker on the wall beeped which meant it was time for the announcements. Everything was just kind of a blur to me until I heard, "Think you have what it takes to represent our school? Dance team tryouts are today after school."

Dance. That's the only way I fit in at my last school. That's the only thing I was ever kind of decent in. And if  I don't try then maybe I won't get anywhere in this school. Good thing I wore my lucky high tops today..cause I'm trying out.
~~~~~~~
Try outs weren't until 4 so I had enough time to go home and change into something more comfortable. I came back right on time and with the song I chose all ready.

"All right ladies," The coach said, clapping her hands together

"All right ladies," The coach said, clapping her hands together. "The tryouts are pretty simple. Just dance. You may dance to whatever song you like, as long as it's school appropriate of course and just show us what you got."

A lot of girls went before me and wow, they were good. That made me really nervous though since I was going to go next.

I chose Hollow by Tori Kelly and Big Sean as my song. I gave the music girl my iPod with the song ready and got into position. We had to freestyle but that has never been a problem for me until now. I was so nervous.

I took a deep breath and just let the music soak in for a moment. Then I began doing what I do best. I made sure to accentuate all my moves, add a lot of dynamics for musicality and connecting with the music, and highlighted every aspect of my style of dancing. I could do a little bit of many styles. My main dance genre is hip hop but my second best is ballet. I made sure to incorporate a lot of ballet turns in there so they know I still have some technique but I mainly showed off my hip hop.

Soon, I got lost in the music and I didn't even feel like there were people watching me. It was just me and the dance floor..well, the gym floor but that doesn't matter.

The song ended and I looked up. Everyone's jaw was dropped. Everyone except the coach who kept a straight face.

"Next."

I shuffle to the music girl and take my iPod back.

"Thank you," I bow to the coach. I shuffle back to my seat and sit through 2 more girls' auditions.

"Okay girls. Great work. Give me about 15 minutes and the results should be posted." The coach went to sit down to evaluate our performances.

Those might've been the longest 15 minutes of my life. I tried listening to music for a while but I was a nervous wreck considering the straight face the coach had given me.

A girl with dyed red hair slides next to me. "Nervous too? Yeah I get you. I didn't have the guts to try out  last year but I decided I should this time. I hope I make it. My name is Lana by the way."

"I'm Sungjee. And yeah, I'm new here so I hope I make it so I can make friends who share the same interests as me."

"Well you've made one today."

"Aaaah!" A bunch of girls were screaming again. I obviously got annoyed.

"Ugh, why are girls always screaming like that in this school?" I ask her.

"Well there's a couple of guys that go here that everyone is basically obsessed with. They're like gods here. Apparently they're coming to check out who made the team. Some even say they were eavesdropping in on our auditions," Lana explained.

"Stalking? How interesting," I laugh.

"Well they're not exactly creeps. They're actually a really famou-"

"Alright ladies," the coach interrupts. She pins a list to the bulletin board on the wall. "Congratulations to those who made it. And for those who didn't, better luck next time. We will hold our first practice in two days and get fitted for our uniforms. You may now look at the list."

Immediately all 30 or so girls start flooding to the list hoping to be one of the 15 selected. Lana and I decided to wait a little so we wouldn't get trampled  by everyone.

A lot of girls jumped in joy, sighed in relief but many looked furious and some even started crying. Lana and I finally came up to the list. I searched through the K area of last names but no luck. My name wasn't anywhere around there.

I drop my head down and start to turn around to walk away when Lana squealed. "I made it! We made it! Omg Sungjee!"

I look back up at the list confused since my name didn't appear where it should have. Instead, my name was at the top.

Captain: King Sungjee

Captain? Captain! I made captain! I turn around and hug Lana as the screaming from the girls suddenly erupts around us again.

I chose to ignore them though and turn back to face to list to absorb in my moment.

However , someone behind me begins to slow clap. I turn back around and gasp at the person who approached me.

"Wow, Jee. You haven't changed a bit."