chapter 30: star gazing

Jee's POV

Yugyeom climbed through the window of the tree house before looking back down at the rest of them and screaming, "Okay guys! You can leave now."

I could hear the chorus of aaaw's all the way up here. But eventually they all walked away, leaving Yugyeom and I alone at last.

"I thought we'd just hang out on our first day as official boyfriend and girlfriend."

"Sounds good," I say.

He heads to the corner and uncovers a picnic basket from underneath a red blanket. I know what he was doing. He was recreating exactly the night he vowed to become my boyfriend one day. I can't believe he actually achieved that.

He spread the blanket out on the floor of the tree house and sat on it. He patted the spot next to him, indicating for me to sit down next to him. I did and straightened out my dress over my crossed legs.

"Well, as you know I can't cook very well so I hope you liked your breakfast this morning."

"It was perfect." I put my hand over his. "Thank you. And I'll have to say, you really do know a thing or two about fashion. This outfit is actually pretty well put together as well."

"Really?" His eyes lit up. What a cutie. "I didn't know if you would like it so I just kind of picked out something not too dressy. I didn't even dress too nice so I'm sorry." He pulled down the cuff of his rolled up sleeve from the nice gray dress shirt he was wearing. He paired it with some neat black skinny jeans, his black Nike's and of course, and black snapback. He's very into them these days. It honestly wasn't that bad. It looked nice actually. I wouldn't want a guy wear a full tux on a date like this.

"You look great, don't worry. I like it." I say while running my hand down his sleeve.

He couldn't stop smiling so he turned to grab the picnic basket in good to calm it down or at least change the subject.

"I figured you haven't eaten dinner since you got dragged over here right after school so I got us some chicken. Boneless, just the way you like it."

"Mild or spicy?"

"Spicy, I know you can't stand mild." Wow, impressive. He knows every little thing. He took it out of the picnic basket and put the plates on the blanket. It was followed by an array of desserts that I immediately reached for. However, my hand was gently slapped away before I could grab a chocolate covered strawberry. "No, food first, then deserts."

"But Yugyeommm," I whine. I scoot closer to him and start poking his cheek repeatedly. He tried keeping a straight face but immediately failed.

"No buts."

I lean in closer and pull out my pouty face. "Gyeomieee. Me wants stwabewwies."

He turns his face away so he wouldn't give in but I turn his head with my hand. "Don't ignore me!"

He finally looks at my face and sighs. "Fine, but just one!"

"Yay!" I quickly reach for one but my hand is swatted away once again. "Hey! What gives?"

He grabs the strawberry I've had my eye on for the past two minutes. He takes it by the stem and boops my nose. "Open up."

I slightly part my mouth open and he feeds me the strawberry. I was gonna go for a second bite when Yugyeom changed the direction of it and finished it off himself.

"But I wanted that Yugyeom."

"Too bad," he laughs.

"Oh really?"

"Yeah really."

I raise an eyebrow at him. "Okay, then have some more." I dip my finger onto the frosting of one of the chocolate cupcakes he packed and smear it on his mouth but when he turned his face some of it got on his jawline as well.

"Jee! Your cleaning this up," he laughs as he points to his now chocolatey face.

"Nope, I don't think I will," I say as I cross my arms together.

"Okay then, fine!" Yugyeom grabs my face and starts pressing kisses onto my cheeks and finally my mouth leaving me in the same state he was in.

"You're the worst!" I joke with him. He laughs and hands me a napkin that I use to clean both him and myself up.

"I know, now let's eat." He opens up the boxes of chicken and takes a piece of the glossy red sauce covered meat in his chopsticks. He kept his hand under it just in case it dared to fall before he could get it to my mouth. We sat there feeding each other the dinner for a little and I was just glad we finally got to have some dessert. The chicken was amazing but I'm in need of sugar right now.

"Come on, let's move to the balcony so we can eat our deserts," he suggests.

"Okay," I agree and help him shift the stuff over to the balcony.

The weather was perfect and luckily is wasn't too windy so I didn't have to worry about my long hair getting all up in my food. I hate that. The struggle is real.

I sat in between Yugyeom's legs so that my back was on his chest. It was a lot more comfortable than I thought would and it was perfect since Yugyeom wrapped his arms around me. He brought so many of my favorite sweets from cupcakes, brownies, and cookies to marshmallows and gummy bears if it wasn't obvious.

I might've stuffed my face a little too much given the fact that I ended up lying on Yugyeom's lap ready to fall into a food coma. I think he noticed since he shook my shoulder a bit when he saw my eyes start to droop.

"Wait, don't fall asleep yet."

"Why?" I ask sitting up to hopefully wake me up a little.

"Because I have another surprise," he informs me as he takes my hands in his and intertwines our fingers.

"No, Yugyeom. Honestly, this has been amazing already. Just being with you is good enough."

"This is the last one for today. I promise."

I sigh. "Okay what is it?"

"Come here." He pulls me up to my feet and sits me down on the chair that was right next to the telescope. "Okay, look in the telescope. What do you see?"

I put my eye up to the telescope's eye piece and close the other eye to get a better look. "Um, I see a cluster of about 7 stars. Wait no. There's eight."

"More details?"

"Well, one of them is shining slightly brighter than the other seven. And that brighter star is kind of bringing out the star closest to it a bit. They look nice together," I explain further.

"I'm glad you noticed that. "

"Why?" I ask while taking another look at the small cluster of stars.

"Because that bright star's name is Jee. And it's yours."

"What?"

"Yeah, I got you a star Jee. And I specifically got it there because it's with 7 others. That's GOT7. And that one star it bring out a lot, that's me. Because Jee," he grabs my hands again and looks me in the eyes with full sincerity, "you bring out the best of me."

"Yugyeom, I-"

"No, you don't need to say anything. It's true. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you. You were my motivation in my trainee days and you're my motivation now. You make me shine brighter. You make me a better performer, friend, and person. You make me so much better."

I couldn't help the tears starting to gather in my eyes. I move forward and wrap my arms around him, burying my face in his neck. "Thank you so much Yugyeom. "

"Anything for my star," he says as he pulls out a silver, diamond adorned star charm from his pocket. He swiftly attached it to my new bracelet and I took a good look at it and then him, never having been so grateful to have met someone so amazing in my life. Let the memories begin.