Chapter 18

It's been a week since the club went on the trip, and Amaya's parents were heading home, they would arrive later that day. The conference meeting didn't take as much overtime as they had expected it to.

Now, Amaya was sitting at her desk, calmly doing homework when she heard one of the servants called for her. She walked downstairs and met up with them she headed into the meeting room, seeing her parents sitting at the table, she sat down across from them, seeing Gigi acting as if she were moping around.

The feelings in the room were tense, she was looking at her parents, her face straight.

"Amaya, on our business trip, we met with another owner of a big company." Her mother said. "And, we discussed something."

"What did you discuss?" Amaya asked, looking at her parents.

They glanced at each other, then looked at Amaya, their faces serious. "We have set up a marriage for you."

Amaya looked at the two, speechless. She didn't know why, but she felt her heard drop in her chest. "W-who is it?" She asked quietly.

"It's the son of a wealthy businessman, he is the youngest son of three, and his chances are slim when it comes to inheriting the company." Her father explained, "He even goes to the same school as you, so you can get to know him."

"We're having dinner with their family tonight at eight, so I suggest you make a good impression." Her mother said.

Amaya nodded, "I'd better start getting ready then, excuse me." Amaya muttered, walking out of the room and up the stairs.

She grabbed a random bag and walked into her bathroom, changing into the dress. It was a simple sleeveless red dress, coming down to about her knees. It had a black streak just below her rib cage with lace layered neatly above the red silk. She grabbed some bobby pins and pinned her hair up in compact bun.

She grabbed the black headband that came with the dress and slipped it on, looking at herself in the mirror. She glanced at the makeup on the counter and grabbed some pale pink lipstick, applying it lightly and looked at herself in the mirror again, she nodded and looked at the clock, seven on the dot. She assumed they were going to leave at seven fifteen, just so they wouldn't be late.

After a servant came up and called for Amaya, she headed downstairs and met up with her parents. "I'm ready." She said.

"You look adorable!" Her mother gushed, similar to a certain club president she knew. "I'm sure he'll fall head over heels for you!"

"Yeah..." She muttered. Then she followed her family into the limo, and they headed off to the host's house. Amaya sat in the back across from her mother, looking out the window. She found her thoughts drifting off to Kyoya, and she felt a ping of sadness, that's when she found out... She liked him. She had a crush on Kyoya, and now... She will never be able to tell him, she felt her eyes water and she looked away from her parents, resting her chin in her hand.

Soon, they arrived at the house and Amaya looked up at the building. It was more modern than she though it would be, it was large, with many windows, and the doorway was tucked in between two towering gray walls.

Amaya took a deep breath and followed her parents towards the doorway, where they met with a servant who let them in.

"Master, the Tanaki family is here." He said, entering the dining room.

"Ah yes." The man said, he was sitting in his study. He got up and walked towards the dining room, "Please, get my son." He said.

the servant nodded, and headed away.

"Now, Miss Tanaki." The man said, looking at Amaya.

"Amaya is f-fine." She said softly, sitting down at a seat next to her mother.

"Okay, Amaya, I would hope that you find my son to be to your likeing." He said.

"As do I." She said softly.

"I've heard that you've gotten quite a mind on you." He leaned forwards, his eyes narrowed as he changed the topic. "I also know that you could be two classes ahead, but you choose to stay in a class beneath your level, why is that?"

"I choose that because I w-wanted to go throughout school normally."

"About that honey..." Her mom said.

"Since your fiancé is one class ahead, we've decided to move you up to his class, which is really only one class up, so it shouldn't be much trouble for you." Her dad said.

Amaya looked up at her parents, "You c-can't be serious." She said softly.

Before her parents could respond, a servant walking, "Your son is ready."

"Let him in."

Amaya looked towards the doorway, here eyes widening as she saw who it was. In front of her was Kyoya, staring at her with shock in his eyes.

Amaya felt her eyes water as he walked over and sat next to her, "I'm glad it was you, Kyoya-senpai." She whispered.

"I see you've all ready met each other." Amaya's dad said.

Amaya nodded, "Yes." She said.

"Well, I guess that makes this easier." Her mother said.

Amaya nodded, and soon dinner was served, where they talked more about Amaya moving to class 2-A, Amaya knew she didn't get a say in any of this, she just sat quietly and let them talk, only putting her input when they asked.

After they chatted, it was all planned out and Amaya was being walked out by Kyoya. "T-thanks Kyoya, I'll s-see you tomorrow..." She looked at him, "I-If you don't mind d-do you think y-you could help me get to the c-classroom tomorrow?"

Kyoya smiled, "Of course I'll help you." He said.

"Thanks." Amaya said, looking at him and giving him a hug, then catching up with her parents, her cheeks had reddish tint to them.