Chapter 3

Dinner was tense. Amaya sitting on one side, her mother sitting on one end while her father sat on the other.

"So... how was your trip?" Amaya asked, hoping to break the silence.

"It was good." Her mother said.

Her father just made a grunt of agreement, then it was silent again.

Amaya took a bite of her food. They could at least ask about school... She thought to herself.

As if her father had heard her thoughts, he asked her, "How was your first day of school?"

"It was good. I accidentally ran into a host club." Before her father could get all protective like most fathers do, she added, "But I left it a while after it started. Turns out it was full of players." She took a bite of her food, and sat in the silence that came after what she said. Soon, Amaya finished and watched as the maid cleared it away. "Thank you for the meal..." She said quietly.

"Oh, Amaya sweetie, your father and I are going on another trip, it'll be rather long, about a month." Amaya's mom said. "We're leaving on Wendsday."

"Oh. Okay..." Amaya said, turning to leave the room. "Thanks for telling me, mom..." She walked away from the room and headed upstairs to her room. They're leaving the day after tomorrow. I had hoped they would stay home longer. She thought. She sat down at her desk and started her homework, I guess that's life... you never really get a say in it... She looked out the window next to her desk and watched as people walked by her house, kids looking up at it in amazement, while their parents pulled them into attention. She watched as ghosts floated and walked around gloomy and depressed, and as they ran into someone the person shivered. I guess we're all puppets in this cruel game called life. Even after the game your in an eternal 'End' screen. Unless you move on. She then laughed slightly at the thought. She sounded like a philosopher and emptied her mind, focusing on her homework, it was easy, considering that she was in a class below her IQ level. She was supposed to skip two grades, first and sixth, but she decided not to, even if she was smarter for her class.

Once she finished she put it away in her backpack and laid on her bed, staring at the ceiling, her expression and mind blank. Soon she fell asleep, and no dreams came to her that night.

The next day, Amaya woke up and got changed into her school uniform, and she silently walked through the halls and into the dining room, eating another silent meal with her parents.

"I'm going to school." She said quietly,grabbing her backpack and walked out of the room and out of the house, Gigi would stay at the house, because that's where her spirit always is when Amaya's parents were home

Usually spirits stay where they died, the only reason they would move is if someone is holding something that was very important to the ghost, or if their person was something that the ghost cared much about. The second one was what was between Amaya and Gigi, they both had strong connections with each other, but her parents hated that, so Gigi pretended that she was sorrowful and mournful whenever they were home.

When Amaya got to school, she walked straight to her classroom and sat in her desk, seeing as nobody was there, she pulled out a book and started to read, until the book was taken from her hands.

"Hey! My page!" She exclaimed.

"It wasn't very nice of you to flake out on us like that yesterday." Two red heads said together.

Amaya sighed, "Really?" She asked, she didn't want to deal with these idiots right now after her parents home and the news of their departure the next day, "Didn't you notice those girls glancing at me, sure it was fun, but still." She said, that was a lie, none of the girls even noticed her. "I don't think I would be good for your club, I would draw everyone away." She stood up and swiped her book from who she was guessing was Hikaru, "Now if you'll excuse me, I need to find that page you just lost." She sat back down and flipped through the pages, finally finding the one she needed, she continued reading until the teacher walked in and started the lesson.

Once lunch rolled around, Amaya did the same thing as the day before, got her lunch and walked out to eat in the same window as before. She took a bite and looked sighed, she watched as a teacher walked by, glancing at her, then walked away. Amaya sighed and kept eating. She had to admit, she missed Gigi. Even if the girl was energetic and annoying at times, she still kept Amaya occupied when all the other girls were scared of her. She finished her lunch went back to her classroom, where she sat down and started to read.

After school, she started to head out of the classroom when she felt two pairs arms grab onto her and pick her up, she was dragged somewhere, and was finally let go in music room three, she looked around to see the host club surrounding her. She didn't say anything and turned around, ready to leave. "Thanks for the...lift... But, I need to go." She said.

"Oh no you don't!" Tamaki said, "We want to know why you just left us yesterday!"

"Other than the fact that you're just players?" Amaya said, she turned around and glared at them, "I don't think you idiots need to know." She said, turned back and walking out the door, "Have fun with your stupid club." She walked out and slammed the door shut, all the while keeping an emotionless face, she passed who she knew was Haruhi, and a boy dressed in yellow and gold. She headed out of the school and entered her limo, which headed towards her house.

She entered her house to see her mother holding a bag and smiling widely, her Raven black hair tied back in a ponytail. Amaya just looked at her, the door slowly closing silently behind her.

"So, I know you're probably disappointed that we're leaving, so, I thought I would buy you a dress, I hope you like it." She handed the bag to Amaya.

Amaya just took the bag and smiled softly, though it wasn't genuine, she had learned to fake her smiles ever since her parents left on an unannounced trip when she was 12, "Thank you mother." She said, "I'm sure I'll find a good use for this."

"I'm so proud of you." Her mother said, "I'll miss you when we leave"

"I'll miss you too mom..." Amaya said, "I have to get some homework done." She walked upstairs and went into her room, placing the bag her mother gave her along with the others, it had become a routine thing, her parents leave, mother feels guilty and buys her a dress, mostly expensive fancy ones, usually all showing some cleavage.Her mom wanted Amaya to be sexy and get all the boys,but Amaya could care less, she headed to her desk and worked on her homework, soon falling asleep at her desk.