Chapter 10

Amaya woke up to her Alarm clock ringing, she turned it off and sat up, rubbing her eyes and yawned. She got out of bed and walked over to her closet, grabbing her uniform and quickly changing into it, she had to admit, beside the tops of the sleeves, the uniform looked pretty. She grabbed her book bag and placed her completed homework inside a folder, and placed it over her shoulder, walking out of her room and down the stars, a small smile on her face. She walked into the dining room, where the servants were surprised by her new attitude.

"Here is your breakfast mistress."  One of the servants said, placing a plate in front of her filled with an omelet that could be served in a five star resturaunt. She started to eat, finishing it in a couple bites. She stood up and thanked her servant for the meal, heading out of the house with Gigi close behind her.

"So, Halloweens coming up, isn't it?" Gigistated.

"Yeah." Amaya smiled, "Wonder what Ouran will do. Hope it's not past dark." She sighed as she continued walking towards the school.

"Seriously, you're still scared of the dark?" Gigi asked, floating in front of Amaya.

Amaya felt her cheeks redden in embarrassment. "You never know what's in the dark..."

"You can always see what's in the dark!"

"It's still unnerving." She was approaching the pink school, "And from now on, to avoid looking crazy, I'm not talking to you... Unless it's something important."

Gigi sighed and floated in front of Amaya.

"Hey Amaya!" One of her passing classmates said, he seemed to be blushing.

Amaya smiled and tilted her head a bit, "Good morning."  She said, making her voice have a sweet tone to it. "I hope you have a good day." She watched as the blush reddened, and he smiled, walking away and joining up with his friends.

"Wow. That boy seemed strange." Gigi said. "He seemed to like you..."

"It's because I'm now a waitress at the club probably. Most likely word got around and he heard about it." She muttered. She walked into the classroom and felt a hand on her shoulder, since there was fabric between her skin and the other person, she wan't really worried. She looked over her shoulder and saw Haruhi standing behind her."Hey Haruhi!"

Haruhi smiled, "So, Amaya, any clue about what Ouran does for hollowen?" She asked.

Amaya shook her head, "No, sorry. I know that Lobelia had a haunted house each year that the Zuka club hosted... But I doubt that's what Ouran does. We'll just have to find out in due time."

"Hey Amaya?"

"Yeah?"

"You seem different." Haruhi looked closely at Amaya, "You seem happier."

Amaya smiled genuinely, "Maybe it's because I met the club."

"Yeah, they do have that effect on people."

Amaya nodded and smiled as she saw Gigi floating around the twins, she was so obsessed with them.

Soon, the teacher left and the class had a small meeting to discuss what they were doing for Holloween.

"Okay, class, get to your seats." A teacher said, then he started started talking, soon, he reached a topic that interested Amaya. "Class reps, would you please come up here?" He asked.

"Alright, next item on the Agenda. I'm here to discuss the plans for the next week." The male rep, Kazukiyo Soga said.

"Oh! Holloween!" Gig exclaimed, floating to the front of the class, next to Soga.

"Next week?" Haruhi asked, obviously already forgetting Holloween was next week.

"Yeah, Holloween." Hikaru said.

The female rep, Momoka Kurakano, turned and looked at Haruhi, "Oh, Haruhi.  You've only been a student at Ouran Academy since high school, right?"  She asked, "So you don't know. After we're finished taking our exams for the fall, we're allowed a few days off, until the end of October." She smiled, "And we get to throw costume parties on campus to celebrate."

"And also, to promote partnership, we use a whole day to plan a special class event of our choosing." Soga said.

"A class event?" Haruhi asked.

"Right. They're pretty fun actually." Koaru said.

"Yeah, we socialize." Hikaru said.  "Watch some old movies, stuff like that."

"Boaring, Boaring!" A voice said, "BOARING!" A girl with light brown hair and in a uniform that wasn't Ourans was now standing on the desks. "Holloween! The day that sounds the death note of summer and starts the icy breath of winter!" She was very dramatic in Amaya's opinion.  "Holloween, once a day when ghouls walk the Earth. And disguised a ghouls we try to ward them all off."

"Hey!" Gigi said, "We're not all ghouls! Barely any of us are!" She was right in front of the girl, irk marks on her head. "Idiot." She muttered, silently fuming.

"Holloween!" The girl continued, "A day to wear costumes, and playing pranks on trick or treaters!"  The girl was striking more poses, standing on the desks. Amaya stood up and stood next to Haruhi, who was sitting and watching her.

"Some people don't wait for Holloween to dress up..."  Hikaru said, unamused.

"Some people cosplay year round." Koaru said.

"I know that's right." Haruhi said.

"Mind telling me who this is?" Amaya asked, looking at the twins and Haruhi/

The girl looked at Amaya, "Oh! You're the new waitress for the Host club! Amaya Tanaki, right? I'm Renge, the lady manager of the club!"

Amaya sighed and watched as they continued. A Lady manager...  Wow, what next, a grade school host?

"Anyways, what's with the uniform?"Haruhi asked.

Renge started laughing, "Just a little secret, this is the uniform in-"

Amaya sighed and started to tune her out, watching as Gigi imitated her dramatic poses mockingly and holding back laughter.

"Miss Hosakugi, we're having home room now, could you get down off the desk please?" Soga asked, snapping Amaya out of her trance.

"Tea parties and cosplay, the host club does that practically non-stop!" Her eyes seemed to sparkle, ignoring Soga, "What our class should do is something special!" She somehow managed to make special echo.

"Um, we're supposed to decide this as a class..." Soga said.

"So, I propose... Holding a Holloween test of courage tournament!" She said, ignoring the class rep. "The bravest student wins!"

"A test of courage..." Hikaru started.

"Tournament you say?" Koaru finished.

"Here's what we'll do! We'll ask the super attendant to give us access to the school after hours, when it's dark, then we'll all dress up in out freakiest costumes and try to have the time of our lives scaring the absolute crap out of each other!"

Amaya seemed to pale once Renge said when it's dark, this will be great..