The Vamp's Girl [23]

“I really, really, really, really, honest to God, don’t think this is necessary.” I groaned, the dull pain in my stomach aided no assistance to my argument. It was like the trip to Earth all over again. I stared at the small platoon of men standing in front of me and cringed. “Seriously? Even if I was attacked in my bedroom, what are all these men going to do? They can only fit into my doorway one at a time and besides...only like...20 of them could fit in there.” I said pointing to my bedroom door, sighing. Keilor rubbed his temples and pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration.

“Okay! We’ll move you into a larger bedroom.” Keilor growled at me invading my personal space again. I put my hands on my hips and raised my chin defiantly. Seth and Knight D leaned against the wall next to me, trying to remain as still as possible so they wouldn’t be dragged into our fight. I wouldn’t blame them. “Keilor is a hot tempered, stubborn donkey.”

“I am not a stubborn donkey!” He yelled at me, I slapped a hand over my mouth. OH NO. DID I SAY THAT OUT LOUD? I could hear the stiffling coughs from the platoon as they tried to contain their laughter.

“Well, you’re being one now! I’m fine. I’m completely fine.” I said throwing up my hands in frustration as I tried to ignore the dull pain my stomach. It still hurt to do vigourous movement but besides that I could still walk.

“Oh you’re fine? NA-” Before he could even finish the sentence Seth had Keilor in a headlock, he smiled sheepishly at me.

“N-nevermind Com. Ruher April, what do would you like us to do?” Seth asked me, I sighed at him. I was tired and I was sick of the fuss people were making. Over something so small...Jasa told me I’d been attacked by a stray creature. I didn’t see why I needed an entire platoon.

“It was just an animal...it just caught me off guard. With an army this size you’d think something like Nath attacking me happened.” I laughed sarcastically, Keilor struggled again under Seth’s headlock. Seth looked completely at ease, he didn’t seem to struggle at all.

“We...don’t want to take chances.” Seth smiled brightly. I scratched my head and shrugged my shoulders.

“Whatever, I’m really tired. I just want to sleep.” I pleaded quietly. Seth released Keilor from the headlock and he growled at Seth and muttered something so quiet which made Seth glare at Keilor for a moment.

“Then it’s settled. Com Ruher, Dom and I will keep watch over you!” Seth said brightly.

“Wait...what?” I questioned, before I could even blink, Seth ran into my room happily. Keilor sighed, muttered something under his breath again before dismissing his men. I walked into my room where Seth was already rolling around on my bed.

“I call this side of the bed! I’ll keep you extra safe April!” Seth called as he rolled around some more. This was so not what I had in mind.

“Not quite Seth.” Knight D said walking to the foot of the bed, he quickly grabbed Seth’s leg and flung him off the bed, Seth twisted in midair and landed on the ground in a crouching position.

“Aw!” he groaned sitting down on the ground. I yawned, heading towards my bed I quickly crawled in as Knight D set up a chair next to my bed.