Chapter 36

I'm so sorry for taking sooooo long to update! I had exams and am currently brain dead!  Can you believe this is the first time I'm updating in 2012? Pathetic, I know. I hope you enjoy the chapter! :]

Dedicated to nommycakex because I have a feeling she might like this chapter. ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I quickly sat up from my bed, breathing heavily. My forehead was covered in sweat and my body was trembling. 

I've been having nightmares ever since I was in the hospital room. 

I sat in my bed for a few minutes and decided to get up. I took a quick shower and put on a black shirt with blue faded jeans. 

I stepped out of the Court Inn, feeling the cool air hit my skin. The sun was already out. 

The grass was a nice shade of green, I was unable to resist the urge to sit in it and run my fingers through the beautiful blades. 

I lay down in the grass. I felt all of my nerves disappear as the blades brushed past the skin on my arms, tickling it slightly. 

I had always loved laying in the grass. I felt relaxed and all of my stress would disappear. 

The wind began to blow gently and a sigh escaped my lips as I enjoyed my surroundings. The sound of the grass rustling together made it even more calm and peaceful. 

I slowly closed my eyes as all of the tension in my body left immediately. 

I heard footsteps moving around in the grass, but kept my eyes closed, not letting it bother me. 

I heard someone plop down in the grass beside me, but I still kept my eyes closed. I didn't feel like opening them to acknowledge anyone since I was in the middle of relaxation. 

Then I felt a pair of arms wrap around my torso with a tight grip. 

Who the hell was disturbing me?

I opened my eyes quickly and was greeted by a pair familiar and friendly light, blue eyes. She smiled genuinely before tugging me towards her, her grasp on me tightening even more if that was even possible. 

Instead of smiling back at her like I usually did, I gave her a blank stare. 

"Can I lay down with you too, big sister?" Amy asked, the smile never leaving her face. She didn't seem to notice the change in my attitude towards her. 

"You're already laying down with me," I replied, emotionless, but my heart tightened a little when she called me 'big sister'.

"Thank you," she said, her smile never fading. She let go of my torso, rolled over so that she was lying on her back, and stared at the sky.

"It's so pretty," she murmured.

"Yeah," I agreed, but it wasn't as beautiful as the stars.  

We lay there in silence for a while. 

"Big sister, how come you're not smiling today?" Amy asked, breaking the silence. 

Because I found out that I'm not your sister. Because I didn't have a family. Because I never got the family that I've always wanted. Because I've been lied to all of my life. Because the people that were my "parents" actually hate and wouldn't give two flying fucks about me. Because I didn't know who my real parents are. 

"I just don't like it today," was all that I said. 

"Why? Are you sad, big sister?" 

"I guess that's what you could say," I replied.