Chapter 16

"What was that?" Natalie asked.

She had witnessed the whole battle and was wondering what the black thing was.

"I don't know," I replied. I was standing in front of the Hybrid's split body. "We should get back to the school." 

"What about the body?"

I didn't have anything to start a fire like last time. What do I do with this body? How do I clean up all of this blood?

There was blood splattered all over the walls and the ground. I looked at the body again. It was revolting. 

I felt a vile taste come up my throat. I tried to swallow it back down, but I couldn't. I started to puke in front of the body.

After a few seconds I stopped.

The alley looked even worse now. 

"I'll use my fire to burn up the body," Natalie suggested. Why didn't she say that sooner?

She went up to the body and touched it. Ew.

"How can you look at that and not be disgusted?" I questioned.

"I don't know, it's gross but I can tolerate it."

Flames started to fume up. The Hybrid's remains were engulfed by flames. It started to smell really bad. I held my nose to block the stench.

After a few minutes there was only ash. Blood still covered the walls.

"What about the blood?"

Natalie looked around and found a hose. She started spraying water on the walls.

When she was done we started walking back to school. My stomach hurt where that Hybrid had stabbed me. Blood was still coming out of it.

We walked into the infirmary in the Devil dorm. The nurse, Ms. Marvel, looked at us, astonished.

"What happened to you two?" She screamed. My ears started to hurt. "Did you two get into a fight?" She glared at me.

"No, we fought a Hybrid," Natalie corrected her. Ms. Marvel's black eyes widened. 

"Come on, I'll heal you," she said. I started feeling weaker. It was like I was losing my energy.

Ms. Marvel directed me to a bed. I wobbled over the bed. I felt dizzy. Everything was getting blurry. I could barely make out where the bed was.

My legs were weakening. I felt my knees bend. I collided to the floor and everything went black.

~Kyle POV~ 

I walked around the room aimlessly. I was bored and had nothing to do.

I started going through my stuff. I wanted to find something that would take me away from boredom. I looked through my closet and found a seashell.

It was big and pink. I felt weird to have it, but it made me happy. This was one of the seashells Avril and I had used on our sandcastle when we were little.

A grin formed on my lips.

Avril.

Even saying her name made me smile.

I heard the door open. If Zack found this I know he'll make fun of me. I shoved the shell in the pocket of my blue hoodie. 

"Kyle, you there?" Zack stopped when he found me.

"What's up?"

"Did you hear? Avril fought another Hybrid, now she's passed out in the infirmary," he said quickly.

She fought another Hybrid? She's passed out too?

I have to go see her! I got up and ran through the door.

Why did she have to get hurt again?

"Avril!" I yelled when I got to the infirmary.

She was laying on one of the bed. Her clothes were stained with blood. Her eyes were closed. I ran up to her bed.

"Chill out Kyle, it's not like she's gonna die." I turned around and saw Zack.

I know she's not gonna die. But looking at her right now really hurt me!I have to calm down.

"She's resting, as in sleeping," Zack said.

When I had calmed down I looked at her face again. She looked so calm. So beautiful.

I saw her lips move, as if she was gonna say something.

"Chester?" Was what escaped her pink lips.

My heart a little. Who's Chester?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sorry this chapter is also very short! But can you guess what's happening? That's right/wrong! XD

Please vote, comment, and fan! I love all of you who are enjoying my story!