Chapter 28

~Audriana POV~

Avril was running towards me, her bloody scythe was in her hand. She was moving so fast. Her dark brown hair whipped in the air. 

Then she appeared in front of me. Her dark blue eyes were no longer friendly or genuine, they were evil. Her eyes were darker than usual if that was even possible. 

I held up my bow to block her move. Her scythe cut my bow in half. 

The tears continued to stream down my cheeks, I've never cried this much before. 

I saw a quick shadow run past me. Kyle had tackled Avril down. 

"Avril, what the fuck is wrong with you?" he yelled. 

"Get off, she's weak! She has to die," Avril said, in a calm voice.

Even though her voice was calm it sent shivers down my spine. Her voice sounded different, it had a sinister edge to it.

"A-Avril, why?" I stuttered. 

She pushed Kyle off of her and came towards me again. But Kyle grabbed her ankle and she fell. Her scythe slid out of her hand but cut my ankle a little. 

I winced. 

She glared up at me. If looks could kill then I would be dead.

Why is she attacking me? We've been best friends since we were little! What did I do to her? What's wrong with her?

The dark blue eyes that I once admired now stuck fear into me. I started backing away. 

She got out of Kyle's grasp. 

I tripped and fell backwards, landing on my bottom. 

She tried to grab my leg, I started backing up more. 

"N-no, don't come closer!" I croaked. 

She didn't listen, she tackled me down. 

Her finger nails dug into the skin of my shoulders. I winced in pain. Tears continued to stream down my cheeks. 

"P-Please stop, Avril," I whimpered. 

"Sorry, but you're weak. You have to die," she replied, a grin on her face. 

Her grasp on my shoulders moved down to my forearms, her grip tightened. Pain shot through my forearms as I heard the sound of bones cracking. 

I let out a scream. 

I stared into Avril's eyes. Why is she doing this? How can she hurt me like this?

An arrowed zoomed in and hit Avril's side. Her eyes widened a little,but the shock soon disappeared. 

She didn't even wince! How can that be?

I turned my head to the direction that the arrow came from. I felt the presence of Angels.

A girl with long, light blond hair and emerald green eyes, Claire, and another girl that I didn't recognize. She had light brown hair, her dark green eyes hiding behind round rimmed glasses.

One of her hands left my arm and ripped the arrow out of her. She threw it to the ground, blood coming out the wound.

She disappeared.

I looked around and saw her fighting the Angels. 

"Avril, what's wrong with you?" Claire asked. 

"Nothing, I just wanna kill." The expression on her face scared me. She was insane. 

Avril clawed at Claire, leaving a big cut across her face, blood streaming down her face.