Chapter 24

I spent the next days hanging out with Xander. He was a lot of fun and brought out a side of me that I never knew existed.

I was walking aimlessly around the hotel lobby, when my parents walked up to me. 

My mother, Ariel, had golden blond hair like Amy, and green eyes like Jake, she was beautiful. But I looked nothing like her. 

My father, Stefan, had blue eyes like Amy, and graying brown hair. Amy had inherited the features that make her look like their real child. Jake looked a lot like my mother. 

I looked like none if them. 

"Avril, my daughter, how are you?" my mother asked. She stretched out her arms asking for a hug, a genuine smile on her face. 

"I'm fine, what about you mother?" I hugged her. 

"I'm doing wonderful, Stefan, say hello to our daughter," she commanded. 

"Hello," was all he said. I hurt me a little that he was always cold towards me, I don't know why. I was a little used to it by now. 

"Come on, we have a meeting to go to," he rushed. 

"Oh, okay, bye darling," my mother said before hugging me and giving me a peck on my cheek. I smiled. At least she was warm towards me. 

My father's light blue eyes never made contact with mine. 

I watched as they walked away and out of the glass door. 

Then I felt two strong arms wrap around my neck from behind, and I fell. I smiled. Maybe it's Xanderand his hyper self. 

My smile dropped when I saw that it was Hunter. 

"Come on, you were smiling like one second ago," he said. 

Okay, just try to be nicer to him. 

"So what's up?" I asked in a cheery voice. 

He looked at me like there was something wrong with me. 

"Are you okay?" he raised an eyebrow. 

"Yeah, why?" 

"Never mind," he replied.

"So what's up?" I repeated. "Is there something that you need?" I was starting to get annoyed. 

"Oh yeah!" His eyes widened in realization. "Come with me." 

He grabbed my wrist with his hand and starting speed walking. 

"Where are we going?" I questioned. He didn't answer me. His hand was big. 

He lead me to a golden door. I know where this is! This is the Council room. It looked like a courtroom, but more extravagant. There was no one here. 

He opened the door. It was all gold, everything. I was getting sick of always seeing this color. 

"What are we doing here?" I asked. He still didn't answer. 

He lead me to what looked like a closet. He opened the door and pushed me in. I gave him a confused look. What's going on? Is he trying to lock me up in here and let me rot?

"Just be quiet," he hushed. His light green eyes seemed as if it got darker as he stared into my eyes. 

I did as I was told and he closed the doors. What's going on? 

People who aren't apart of the Council aren't allowed in here without permission. Their conversations are supposed to be private. If I gt caught in here, I'll be in big trouble. Who knows what they'll do to me. 

There was a small hole letting a small beam of light come through. 

I heard voices. 

"So, we are here to discuss about the human, Xander." I heard a husky and old sounding voice announce. He seemed like he was in charge. 

The speaker was a middle aged man. His eyes were like little black beads, his hair was mostly gray but there were hints of black.

"I say we kill him." I didn't recognize this voice. 

I looked through the hole. I glanced around as much as I could, my eyes stopped when I sawXander. 

He had an emotionless look on his face. His bluish gray eyes looked blank, some of his black hair covered his right eye.

"Why do we have to kill him?" I heard Hunter say. "Just let him live, he could come in handy." 

"Since when the hell do you care about a human?" Another unfamiliar voice asked. 

Hunter was silent and didn't say anything. I could tell he was thinking of a reply. 

"Well, the human doesn't look like he's gonna betray us and it's not his fault that he found out," Hunter replied. 

Now that I think about it, it annoyed me how they kept calling him 'the human.' He has a damn name. It's Xander! Why do they have to talk about him like he was disgusting?!

I was too engrossed in my thoughts that I didn't hear the rest of the conversation. 

"We have reached a decision, the human," the man that seemed like he was in charge paused as if trying to create suspense. Again with the human thing!  

"Xander Benson will be sentenced to death."

No! I could feel tears come to my eyes. No, I can't cry, crying shows weakness! Kyle was right, I shouldn't have gotten attached to him. But what was I supposed to do? He reminded me so much of myself in my past life. I blinked back the tears, trying not to let them fall. I wiped my eyes with the sleeve of my black hoodie. Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry! 

I attention turned back to what was happening outside when I heard Xander say something.

"So, I'm gonna die?" He already knew the answer, why was he asking?

"Can I do one thing before I die?"

"What is it that you want, you impudent human?" I heard a man snort. How dare he call Xander and impudent human?!

"I want to see her, one last time, I want to say..... goodbye to Avril," Xander requested.

My eyes widened in shock. I had wiped my eyes dry but I could feel the tears resurfacing. I quickly wiped them away again. 

"Who's Avril?" 

"Is it your girlfriend?"

"An acquaintance?"

"A relative that you secretly have feelings for but can't admit because she's family?" That comment sounded ridiculous. It felt like they were mocking Xander. I glared at my feet.

I'm useless. Why can't I do anything to help him? I felt like I was just wasting space in this closet. 

"No, we're getting rid of you quickly," the leader said coldly. 

I looked through the hole to see a disappointed look on his face. He looked down, but then he glanced up and glared at the Council. 

I looked at Hunter, he sat in his chair. His head was in his hands, as if he was defeated. 

I can't stand this! Without thinking, I pushed the door open and sprang out. 

"Don't kill him!" I yelled. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm really sorry that I didn't upload yesterday, there was just things that came up. I hope you didn't find this chapter boring, I'm sorry if it's too short. 

SPOILER ALERT: Get ready for some romance! (In like a few more chapters)

Please vote, comment, and fan! =]

P.S. I'm thinking about writing another story, should I? Please tell me. :)