Chapter 83

Hanna POV (Ali is about 3 months now)

I drive to the police station at the time the officers said she'd be released and when I get out of my car I see her. She walks outside, her eyes taking in the sights of the real world other than what's at the jail besides cells and caged in land.

She finally lands her eyes on me and when I walk closer she does as well. I break out into a sprint and I jump up, letting her catch me as I sob into her body. She chuckles in my ear happily and when I pull away I connect our lips in a passionate kiss.

"God I missed you so much," I whisper and she nods, "me too gorgeous."

When we finally recollect ourselves I take the ring out of my pocket, "thought you'd want this back by now," I say softly and she stares at the golden wedding band in awe, her beautiful blues tearing up, "I thought I would never see that ring again."

She puts it on and looks back at me, "I love you."

My lips pull up into a smile, "I love you too Char."

"God. I can touch you without getting yelled at. I can kiss you without having to say goodbye afterwards." 

I giggle as she pulls me back into her lips lovingly.

"What happened?" She asks, looking at me and I frown, "what do you mean?"

"That bruise you're trying to cover with makeup. What is it?"

I feel my heart catch in my throat. I forgot about it for 5 minutes. I felt happy for 5 minutes. Now, all that happiness is gone.

"Oh um...it's nothing."

"No, it's something. Han, what the hell happened? Did someone do this to you?"

I look around, "not here," I whisper and pull her to my car. She stares at me as I drive, "you going to tell me who did that to you?"

"Charlotte please-" "Hanna."

I close my eyes and park the car, feeling a tear slip out and fall down my cheek gently. "Emily hit me."

I hear her breath catch and I open my eyes to see her shocked and angry expression. "She hit you? Why would she do that?"

"We had an argument...about..." I trail off as I sniffle and she sighs, "about me."

I only nod and sob loudly, "she's never hit me before. She's gotten mad a lot, yeah but hitting? Never. Emily's never laid a single hand on me. But now she has...I don't know what to do."

"Well I know what I'm going to do-" "Charlotte please. You just got out of jail. I don't want you going back in for doing something stupid."

She sighs and looks at the house, "come on." She gets out and takes my hand once I walk over to her. She leads me to the house and we walk in, Emily immediately standing up.

"Hanna."

"I wouldn't take another step if I were you Fields," Charlotte snips as she holds her hand out, blocking Emily. I cringe back from her and Emily stares at me solemnly, then looks at Charlotte, "you're out."

"Good, your eyes still work. But your common sense clearly doesn't. How could you do that huh?" She crosses her arms over her chest and I see Alison walk in before a brawl breaks out.

"Char," she breathes and Charlotte turns to her, a smile breaking out on her beautiful face instantly, "Al."

She runs over to her and hugs her tight, "God I've missed you. You look glowing."

She grins, "thank you."

"Hanna told me about the pregnancy. Congratulations."

"UNCLE CHARLOTTE!"

Xander runs downstairs and jumps in her arms, making Charlotte laugh, "hey buddy!"

Emily POV

For the next hour, Alison, Hanna and Charlotte catch up and I sit there, miserably watching my sister in law ignore me and Alison talking to the person I hate. I don't want her near my unborn child.

I don't want her near my son. And I sure as hell don't want her near my wife or my sister.

"Emily."

I snap out of my daze and frown, "hmm?"

Alison chuckles, "where are you babe?" She whispers to me and I sigh, "thinking."

"Emily I get that you hate me for everything I did-" "damn right I hate you and I have every right to. You almost got my sister killed."

"Guys let's not do this. Please," Alison begs but Charlotte scoffs, "at least I didn't hit her."

"Charlotte," Hanna says and I stand up, "what's that supposed to mean huh?"

"It means that you are far more dangerous for Hanna to be around than I am. I would never hurt her. Can't say the same for you." Her eyes are daring and powerful and her words hit me like razor blades to my heart.

"I-I didn't mean to. She knows that."

"You still did it. Who knows? Maybe there is a Wayne in there."

"Shut up," I hiss and Alison sighs, "guys stop this-" "why? So Emily can live a lie? You've killed someone before and now you're hitting family members? What's next? Hitting Alison?"

"SHUT UP!" I cry and shove her away.

Charlotte stares at me as I start to break down. I sit on the couch and begin sobbing as I think about how far I could've gone. What if I do? What if I hurt Alison? Or Alexander? Or our new child! I can't be like Wayne. I won't. 

"Emily," Alison whispers as she sits down beside me. I sniffle, "she's right."

"No. She's not," she says and sighs, "you would never hurt me, I know that."

"I don't..."

"Yes you do. Don't you think for a second that you're anywhere close to your father. We've been over this. I love you and I know you. Better than you know yourself and if I know one thing for sure? It's that you're not violent."

I close my eyes and hear Charlotte speak, "Emily...I didn't mean what I said. I was just mad at you. For hurting Hanna."

"I know what I did was wrong and...I will regret it and pay for it the rest of my life," I say, looking at Hanna who just looks away from me sadly.

"This is your fault," I hiss at Charlotte.

"If it weren't for you none of this would've happened," I stare at her as I stand up and Charlotte's eyes just look hurt now.

"If you hadn't gotten Hanna or anyone into your stupid, druggy criminal ways then we'd all be happy and safe."

"That's where you're wrong. Yes I know I messed up but you hit Hanna. I may have loaded the gun Emily...but you pulled the trigger." She bumps my shoulder as she walks past me, taking Hanna into a separate room.

I stare at the wall when they are gone and just close my eyes.

She's right.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

lots of tension huh?

will Emily and Charlotte patch things up?

Will Hannily come back? :(

I got plans for this still ;)

should Emison's baby be a boy or girl and girl/boy, what name?

Review and comment!

~stay fearless~

caleigh <13