Everybody Wants Lucy {Ch.15}

Lucy's POV

Dietrich and I had flown for quite awhile. I knew when we had left the dragon realm. I could feel the ache in my heart. That place had a hold on me I didn't understand. We were getting close to our destination I could smell the sea and hear the water calling to me. I always felt at peace in the water. But now it was different. It was a need to feel the water surround me. Then I saw the beach and signaled for Dietrich to land. I new he wasn't going to like this next part.

"Do you trust me" I asked as I took his hands in mine.

"Completely miss Lucy" he said.

He still couldn't bring himself to call me just Lucy but it was better than princess.

"Ok you have two choices you can stay here and wait for me." I could see he was about to protest so I put my fingers over his lips and continued. "Or you can let me make you a temporary mermaid" I said.

"Why can't we just fly there" he asked? And I could tell he was not happy with this idea.

"Because I'm not sure were it is. However I know I can find it in the water. If I follow my mermaid instincts" I said.

"Ok but you better not tell any other dragon about this" he said.

"Why not, you shouldn't be ashamed mermaids are beautiful" I said a little annoyed.

"Exactly dragon warriors are strong not beautiful" he said.

"You are so ridicules some times. You know that. Oh never mind close your eyes" I said.

I closed mine and concentrated. When I opened them I was standing in the water balancing on my tail. Dietrich was flopping around like a fish out of water with a tail of his own. I couldn't help but laugh.

"I am so happy to be your amusement. When your done laughing you want to give me a hand" he said. Looking kind of mad. It serves him right thinking one race is better than another. I knew that's the way he felt because of our connection. I sat in the water beside him. Took his hand and pushed us off into deeper water.

"Ok its much like flying only under water. Your tail, which is quite handsome by the way" I chuckled and he scowled.

"Anyway your tail will do all the work. Just like our wings do in the air. You just have to give it direction the same way you do with your wings. Do you understand what I mean" I said and he nodded. I still had his hand in mine and plunged into the water. Then I started swimming and so did he. I let go but he stayed right by my side. In that moment I knew he would always be close to my side. There was a lot of comfort in that thought. Then I noticed his tail and it really was handsome. It was a dark reddish color, probably the dragon in him. It was long and majestic looking. I let myself go and become one with the water. I could feel the water flow against my body. Every fiber of my being felt alive. I swam faster and faster. Dietrich kept up with me he stayed right by me. Then I felt danger and fear. I knew it was Arena. She was like a sister to me. I could feel her pain. I stopped short and headed for the surface. When I came out of the water Dietrich was with me. I looked around and spotted the ship. I could see them.

"Come on they are over there" I said and he nodded. As we approached the ship I took Dietrich's hands and transformed us back.

"Use your wings to get on board" I said.

"Ok but then what" he said looking at all the humans.

"Don't worry" I said and as we landed I froze time. However it froze them all, Dietrich included. I concentrated on our connection and he was unfroze. I didn't think that would work on the rest of them.