Everybody Wants Lucy {Ch.31}

Recap: Dietrich's POV

"Are you ok Princess?" I asked.

"Yes just a little scared but don't tell anyone." she said.

I sat down close to her head. She snuggled up to me and I realized for the first time. How young she was to have so much responsibility. Maybe her father and uncle had been right to shield her from all of this.

She fell asleep right before they came in the room.

End Recap: Still Dietrich's POV

It was the King, Queen and her Uncle.

"Ok boy we are all together now. You want to explain." said the King.

"I will tell you what Lucy told me. Mom and I will heal the poison." Benny said.

"How?" the Queen asked.

"I will draw the cells to the surface one by one. And you will heal them mom. Getting rid of the poison in the process. That's the easy part." Benny said and sighed.

"It gets worse." the Queen said with tears in her eyes.

"Much for Lucy anyway and Dietrich." Benny said.

"I would die for her." I said as I brushed a strand of hair out of her face.

"It might just come to that son. You see there is good and evil in all of us even Lucy. We can heal the poison. However it will send Lucy in to a kind of coma. Where she will have to battle the evil with in herself. If she wins she wont be able to find her way out. That's where the boy comes in. But if she loses or he doesn't go in at the right moment. They will both be lost forever." Benny said.

"How will we know the right time?" the King asked.

"Lucy said I would know." Benny said he looked unsure.

"What do you want me to do?" the queen asked?

Uncle Benny's POV

"Mom you get on the right side I will get on the left. As I draw the cells to the surface heal them. Mom don't look at her. Even unconscious this is going to be quite painful. And we can't stop once we start." I said.

Mom nodded but I could see the pain and worry in her face. We were about half way thru when her body started to jerk in pain. I looked at her beautiful face contorted in pain. In that moment I wish I had heeded my own advice and not looked at her. It broke my heart to see the child I helped raise as my own in so much pain. I knew why she had spared her father. I also know she would have spared me if she could and Dietrich. I had the sense that she felt guilty asking us, but she didn't have any other choice. She was the most amazing kid. She really is the best of us all. Dragon, Angel, Mermaid I pray she's okay. The loss of her mother sent ripples thru all the race's. Lucy's would create tidal waves. Just then her body started to lift off the bed and she let out a blood curdling scream. I looked at my mother her hand moved slightly off Lucy.

"No mom don't let go we have to finish no matter what." I said.

"I'm sorry." mom said with tears running down her face.

"I know, we are almost finished. Just a few more cells." I said.

I could tell this was breaking her heart too. I looked at my dad and for the first time in my life I could see he was crying too. Mom and I finished. I could tell the poison was gone. Lucy's body lowered back down on the bed. I wanted to breath a sigh of relief but I knew for her the fight was just beginning.

Lucy's POV

I woke on something hard I couldn't tell what it was because there was this ugly grey mist around me. I could hear this impatient tapping. I followed the noise with my eyes. And saw a very angry me. She was staring at me with disgust and annoyance. I can't remember ever being that pissed at anybody. But I had to admit I loved her outfit. It was a little leather number. A black mini skirt with a red top that clung to her I mean my curves. I would never have the guts to wear it but it was hot.