Grocery Shopping (Aoi x Reader)

Today you were going shopping at the market for some groceries for today's lunch with Aoi. You were excited because although you were just shopping for food for lunch, this outing is technically a date with Aoi.

"Aoi what are you going to cook for today?" you ask and Aoi grins.

"Hayashi rice," Aoi answers with a wink.

"Ohh!!! That sounds good," you awe in amazement just imagining Aoi preparing the food.

The two of you go around and start looking at the ingredients needed to make hayashi rice.

Rice, beef, mushrooms, onions, and so many other ingredients.

"Which of the tomatoes are ripe?" You ask as you go through all the tomatoes on the food stand.

"Try to find the nice red one," Aoi advises and you nod your head.

You stare at all the tomatoes. Now you were starting to wish that you went out shopping with your mom more often and paid attention to which tomatoes were considered ripe.

You didn't want to embarrass yourself.

You watch Aoi pick up some tomatoes and decide to follow his movements. You eventually find a really red tomato and decide to show it to Aoi. "Aoi what do you think about this?" You happily ask and suddenly Aoi's face comes close to you.

Your face blushes bright red when he comes close to examine the tomato in your hand.

"That's a nice one [Name]," Aoi smiles and you happily nod you head.

"That's good to hear," you grin.

You never really cared about shopping, but with Aoi you felt like you could shop for food all day long.

"Aoi! I found the eggs!" You wave your hands for him to come over when you find the eggs.

"Good job [Name]" Aoi gives you a thumbs up. 

You want to call it a date, but shopping for food could only last for so long.

"Aoi is this all the ingredients?" You asked trying to hide your disappointment and Aoi nods his head.

"That is," he answers as he pushes the shopping cart.

The two of you wait in line and head over to the register.

"How was your shopping experience today?" The register lady asks the two of you as she checks out the food.

"Good," we both answer.

"That's good to hear," she smiles and observes the two of you.

"I wish my boyfriend would go out shopping with me," she says with a sigh. "I find it cute that you're out on a shopping date with your girlfriend."

Your face flushes hearing her words. You're happy to hear that she thinks I'm his girlfriend, but we aren't dating.

...

"Thanks but we haven't gone a date yet," Aoi says with a smile and your eyes widen.

Eh?

Ehhhhh!!!!!!

Date yet?!?!?!?

The two of you finish buying the food ingredients and head out of the shop.

"[Name] what do you want to do now?" Aoi asks and your eyes widen.

"Huh? What do you mean by that?" You ask surprised.

"Let's go on a real date now," Aoi tells you and you blush bright red.

"But how about lunch?" You ask and Aoi shows me his cellphone.

"I'll tell them that we might be a little late," Aoi says and your eyes sparkle.

N-Now you're going a real date with Aoi?! Yes!!! You pump your fists once you see Aoi turn around to call Arata.

Aoi dials Arata's number on his cellphone.

"Hello?" Arata picks up the phone.

"Arata its Aoi," Aoi says on the phone. "We just finish shopping and I'm going to take out [Name] so I'm not sure if I can make it for lunch today."

"Ehhh? Wait if you don't make lunch who will? The entire Procellarum group is gone and they have Yoru," Arata says and Aoi purses his lips.

"Good luck Arata," Aoi says with a smile and Arata tilts his head.

"Eh? What does that--" Arata asks, but Aoi hangs up the phone.

"Come on [Name]!" Aoi takes your hand keeping that smile on his face. "There's a nearby bakery over here that we could head over to."

"Are you sure?" You ask as you follow along with Aoi.

"It's fine," Aoi grins and your heart races.

(Meanwhile... During Lunch)

Aoi and you didn't come back for lunch so Arata decided to make lunch for the Six Gravity group.

"Arata what is this?" Hajime asks as he stares down at the strange food in front of him.

"Lunch," Arata answers and everyone sweatdrops.

"I think it's alive?!" Koi blurts out poking the strange food and watching it start to move around.

"Really?!" Kakeru says in shock poking his food as well.

Haru stares at it and clears his throat. "Let me just suggest having take-out today. We've been working hard for a while so we need to treat ourselves out."

"Yes! TAKE-OUT!" Kakeru and Koi raise their hands not wanting to touch the strange food on the table.

"I'm fine with that. How about you Arata?" Hajime says almost eating the food and Arata shrugs.

"That's fine with me," Arata says.

As a result, everyone in Gravity Six ate out that day and learned that Arata cannot cook.