Fireworks! ~ (Kai x Reader)

Today you were at the Tanabata festival with Kai and in the prettiest [fav color] kimono you have. It's basically a date with Kai if you think about it.

You shake your head. No! As much as you would like to fantasize about being a date with a such an attractive, handsome, muscular man. You weren't here to date him, but rather to check if he's okay as his manager.

Ever since the haunted house mess, he seemed down and it worried you to see the usually jubilant person you knew to be in his own little world. Thus you brought him here to make him happy again.

"Wow Kai you're amazing!" You happily clap seeing him catch another fish with the dainty paper nets they gave for the fish game.

"Thank [Name]" he says with his boyish charming smile and hands you a bag with two goldfishes inside.

"Are you sure I can have it?" You ask and he nods his head.

"Of course," he grins and your heart skips a beat.

Kai was like a big brother to you, but at the same time you didn't feel like he was just a big brother. In your heart you liked him, but you didn't know if he liked you. You heard from Shun that he might not be over his first love which put your hopes of him ever liking you down, but you couldn't give up yet.

"Thanks," you smiled. "Still I could've never have done that in my first try. Kai did you ever come here before?" You innocently ask to make a conversation and you suddenly notice the shadow of a doubt appear on Kai's face.

The moment you realize how big of an idiot you are. Mentioning something you shouldn't.

"First love is bittersweet," he mumbles.

"What?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"Nothing [Name]," Kai says and causally takes your hand. "Let's have a fun night without the group," he grins.

"Okay," you answer pushing the doubts in your mind.

The two of you eat cotton candy, make paper boats, and light paper lanterns together. If only this moment could last forever you thought. You kept telling yourself to not call this a date, but it was and you didn't want to this to end.

"Let's write a wish. It wouldn't be a Tanabata festival without it," you speak up after the late night has come. The fireworks will come and after that it will be the end of the Tanabata festival. The end of the spell that would result with him going back to being the idol and you, the manager, but right now you two were just a guy and girl together.

You take his hand and hold it tightly as you lead him to the bamboo tree with many different other wishes hanging.

You can feel your heart cringe seeing the happy couples around you. You wish to happily be like them with Kai, but he already has someone in his heart. It would be unnecessary to suddenly say that you like him. You only wanted what's best for him as his manager.

You take two pieces of paper. "Let's make a wish!" You happily say and hand one to Kai then stare at the paper in front of you.

What could you write you thought to yourself? No you knew what to write. You closed your eyes then open them and silently wrote down your wish. 

I wish for Kai's happiness.

You hang the paper on the bamboo and notice Kai finished writing his wish as well.

"Wow you already wrote your wish Kai you're fast," you smiled.

"I already had a wish in mind," Kai causally says and your heart sinks.

He's still thinking about his first love....

Kai notices your change of demeanor and looks you in the eye. "[Name] what's wrong?" He asks and pulls a strand of your [hair color] behind your ear.

Just the gesture made your hear beat and immediately ache feeling his gentle touch. "Kai. Are you still thinking about your childhood friend?" You blurt out. "Y-You weren't so well after the haunted house and you seem somewhat distant compared to your usual self so I was worried about you so--"

"Don't worry [Name] I moved on already." Kai quietly says and the wind blows as he takes your hand. "It's true that first love is bittersweet, but that's just makes your learn how cherish the girl you really love. When I was about to fall into darkness all I could hear was your voice telling me to come back. I could've stayed with my childhood friend, but you're the one to snap me back to reality." He states and tightly squeezes your hand.

"Kai..." You mutter in surprise of his sudden straightforward feelings towards you.

"[Name] thank you for everything," Kai says and gives you a kiss on the cheek as the fireworks shoot up from the sky.

"Wha--," you blurt out holding your hand to the spot he kissed with red cheeks.

"Hahaha sorry [Name]. I'll ask for you pr permission next time," he chuckles and wraps his arms around you and rests his neck on your shoulder.

A small smile forms on your face feeling his warmth around you as the two of you watch the fireworks together.

Meanwhile, a small ghost in a figure of a girl look at [Name's] and [Kai's] wish.

Let [Kai]/ [Name] be happy.

The ghost smiles seeing the same wish they made for each other then looks at her old friend being happy with someone else by his side. The ghost looks at the night sky and  disappears without a trace.

------------------

I love Kai's he's my dream guy, but I realistically I love all of these guys ❤️❤️❤️