Brandon Rowland // Stranger Things

Start from the beginning

Even her voice is perfect. I start to feel a little jealous that Kylie and Brandon will be working together. It's no secret that I fell for my best friend, but Brandon is too oblivious to have figured out my crush on him. Kylie is perfect, and me, well I'm just me.

"Hi," Brandon awkwardly pauses, "Kylie right?"

"Yeah, that's me," she giggles a bit before continuing, "Do you want to come to my house after school for the project?"

Brandon and I share an unsure glance before he turns back to the girl, "Uh, sure I guess."

"Great! See you after school," she skips off as Brandon leans against the lockers and sighs.

Brandon POV

It's after school and I am at Kylie's house. Everything is running smoothly so far. She hasn't made any weird moves on me and we've actually gotten most of the project done.

That's where things went downhill.

She grabs my hands and stares into my eyes. I don't know why, but I can't look away. I physically can't.

Kylie begins to softly hum a beautiful melody. I feel myself slipping away from reality. I have no clue what is happening but I don't think I am getting out of it anytime soon.

Y/N POV

It is the next day during lunch. I sit at my usual table with my usual friends. Except for one thing, there's an empty seat for where Brandon sits.

I ponder over where he could be and then come to the realization that I haven't seen him at all today.

I turn to his brother, "Hunter, did Brandon come to school today?"

He pauses his conversation with his best friend Blake and looks at me, "Yeah, but he seemed kind of out of it."

I begin to get suspicious, "What do you mean by that?"

Now everyone is listening in on our conversation. My group of friends has boys and girls from a few different grade levels. Brandon and I are in eighth grade but everyone else is in high school. Our classes are on the same campus though so we can spend our lunches together.

"Well," Hunter starts, "He came home from Kylie's house and—"

"Wait. Kylie as in that supposedly supernatural and can control your mind girl?" Weston interrupts.

"No crap," Mario tells him like it's obvious, which it is considering she is the only Kylie in the entire school and the only mind controlling person I know of.

Hunter continues, "So he gets back and usually he'll go into the kitchen and get food or bother Ashton or something. Instead, he went straight up to his room with no word. The whole night he never spoke to me, Ashton, or mom. He didn't look like himself either. I don't really know how to explain it."

"Dude what if the rumors are true?" Zach asks.

I start to get nervous. This is my best friend. Every other boy has supposedly disappeared after spending time with her. I need Brandon and I won't let Kylie hurt him.

"I'm going to get to the bottom of this," I conclude.

I get up from my seat and go find clues as to what is going on.

Overtime I end up collecting a bunch of evidence. I found out that all these missing boys have definitely had contact with Kylie before disappearing. The scary part is, the bodies of these boys were found at the bottom of a bridge at the edge of town.

Today I was going to that bridge. If there is anything I can do to save Brandon, I am going to try to figure out what it is.

Arriving at the bridge, I immediately hear some distant voices. I carefully walk behind the bushes to discover who it is.

My eyes widen at who it is. Brandon and Kylie.

I need to think fast. This could be the last time I see my best friend if I don't figure something out.

Kylie begins to speak, "Brandon sweetie? I need you to jump off this bridge."

My heartbeat quickens in my chest.

"No thank you," Brandon replies.

I let out a sigh of relief.

Kylie intensely stares into Brandon's eyes.

"Jump off this bridge."

"Okay, darling."

Brandon starts stepping towards the edge of the bridge.

"No!" I scream while running in front of him. My back is to the edge of the bridge while his back is to Kylie.

"What are you doing here?" She scoffs, "Nevermind that. Honey, push the girl off."

"Okay, sweetheart."

Brandon places his hands by my sides and slowly pushes me back.

One more step and I'm dead.

In the split second I panic and realize I need to break him from this trance. A crazy idea pops into my mind. It's a long shot but worth a try.

I look deep into Brandon's eyes. They don't sparkle the way they used to. I hesitantly lean in and connect my lips with his.

He stops pushing me out of shock. His hands drop down to my waist as he begins to kiss me back.

All of a sudden he pulls away and places his arms around me, pulling me away from the edge.

"Y/N! You just saved me," he exclaims, never breaking eye contact.

Kylie looks at me with anger boiling inside her.

"You will pay for this!"

Her eyes turn a fiery red as her body fades away. She lets out an agonizing scream as her body completely disintegrates.

After realizing that what I just saw was actually real, I turn to Brandon who still had his arms around me.

"Are you okay?" I ask, concern laced into my voice.

He weakly smiles at me, "I am, but I almost killed you." His voice turns into a soft whisper at the end. I can sense the guilt in his words as he looks down at the ground.

"No Brandon, you didn't. Kylie did, that was not you," I try to assure him.

Not looking convinced, Brandon says, "However it happened doesn't matter. I'll be smarter and protect you next time. I mean, hopefully there won't be a next time. But you know, if there is, I'll be there for you. I'm never letting you get hurt, okay?"

He keeps rambling and then stops and looks at me, "I'm going to shut up now." His cheeks turn a light shade of pink as he looks at the ground in embarrassment.

I laugh at his words trying to hide the fact that what he said made my heart melt. He wants to protect me and be there for me. No boy has ever wanted to do that for me.

We seem to get lost in each others eyes as we lean in. Time slows down as his lips finally touch mine. Sparks shoot through my body. My hands trail to the back of his neck as his wrap around my body, holding me closer. We pull apart and he gazes into my eyes.

"It's sad that it took this situation to make me realize it, but Y/N, I love you."

"And I love you Brandon, more than you'll ever know."

» Dakota