Chapter 29

{Word Count: 1043}
[UNEDITED]

"I can't really remember," I was curled up on the couch, facing Scott.

"I don't know, one second you were fine, you were looking at your foot, and then you looked absolutely horrified, and then you were out cold."

I shrugged, shaking my head, "The last thing i remember is looking into the pool and seeing the dead body."

"Olympia, about the dead body..." Kira started.

"What about it? Did the police identify who it was?" I asked.

"It's gone missing," Malia cut in.

"Missing? No, it was right there in the pool, how do you lose a dead body??"

"We turned around and it was just... gone."

"They don't just-" I started, an image flashed in my mind.

The image of the dead man, his head snapping up at me, it sent a chill down my spin, i could practically feel the goosebumps rising in my skin.

They killed me, Olympia.

I shuttered, shaking my head and opening my eyes, all of the pack members were staring at me.

"What?" I asked.

"You were mid sentence, went silent for 30 seconds and then muttered something about killing someone," Lydia clarified.

"Oh..."

"Care to elaborate?" Liam asked.

"I remembered something, from last night, obviously."

"What was it?" Scott urged.

"The head, of the dead body, it snapped up from the water, and it said, 'they killed me' I don't know who, it's really vague, but that's all i remember right now."

"That's creepy," Kira shook her head, as if to shake off the image.

"Yeah, it was creepier to remember."

"I've never had a dead body talk to me," Lydia cut in.

"Neither have I, up until yesterday anyway."

"Maybe something's wrong," Liam mumbled.

"Obviously," Kira sighed, resting her head in her hands.

"Maybe things will slowly come back to me, just don't worry about it," I tried to reassure them.

"Olympia, we need to figure this ou-" Stiles was cut short when all the lights in the house turned off.

My heart started racing, a feeling of urgency ran over me. I looked toward the stairs, standing up slowly.

"Olympia, where are you going?!" Stiles tugged on my hand.

"Shhh," I turned my head to look at him.

Olympia...

My head snapped back toward the stairs, I thought I saw a shadow move. I shifted toward the stairs, looking up them.

"Olympia!" Stiles tried getting my attention once more.

I started up the stairs, my hand dragging along the railing. I could hear my heart beat it my ears, everything else seemed to be silent. I watched my feet take the final movements up the stairs, slowly looking up. A shadow, it seemed to be staring at me, mocking me with its belligerent stance.

I found it.

I blinked in shock, but when my eyes reopened I was met face to face with a dead body. I screamed out in panic and horror. It fell to the floor with a loud thump, causing me to take a step back almost falling off the stairs, but Scott was already behind me holding me up and staring at the dead body lying in the middle of the hall.

"Calm down, your heart is going to beat right out of your chest."

"Calm down?! Don't you dare tell me to calm down, there is a dead body in the middle of the floor!"

"Dead body?!" I barely heard Stiles' strained shouting, "What am I supposed to do with a dead body?!"

Suddenly, I couldn't catch my breath, I found myself staring at this body. I thought the lights were flickering, Scott's grip on me loosened. The lights were flashing, making it hard to see the body on the floor. I squinted, straining my eyes, and suddenly after a flash of light the body was gone. I was left with a tall boy, staring at me the goldenrod eyes. I saw the claws, and he unclenched his fist. I tried to suck in air but I just couldn't, it was like my lungs couldn't function. The boy, he was bald, dark skinned, and he was approaching me. There was blood dripping from his claws, in a flash, he was in front of me. He plunged his claws into my lower abdomen, I gasped, finally letting out some air. I turned around, face to face with Scott, who was staring at me, worry laced in his gaze.

"Olympia, you're nose-"

I reached my hand up, wiping at blood, staring down at my hand then back up at Scott.

What's happening to me?

I felt myself start to tear up, I rushed into the bathroom on my right and locked the door. I switched the light on, looking at myself in the mirror.

Why is there so much blood? What is going on?!

I grabbed a wash cloth getting it wet, washing the liquid from my hands and wiping away the blood away from my nose. I didn't even register Scott's knocking until it turned into banging, him shouting my name.

"Olympia! Let me in!"

I found myself breathing heavily, The louder Scott became, the faster I took my breaths.

Stop it.

Stop banging on the door.

"STOP IT!" I shrieked, backing away from the door, the mirror cracked.

Action ceased outside the door, I heard foot steps, and then no movement.

"Olympia?"

Stiles...

"Olympia? Let me in please, I can't-" he stopped, most likely to take a breath, "I can't help you if you don't let me in, Olympia, I'm begging you, please." 

I kept my eyes on the door, the handle didn't move, I started sobbing, holding in breaths, my body shaking and contracting as I tried to hold back tears. I moved toward the door, unlocking it with a deafening 'click', and opening it slowly, to be met with soft brown eyes.

"Stiles," his name came out breathily.

He wrapped his arms around me, and I let out my tears gripping to his shirt. I sobbed and sobbed into him, crying, with small shrieks. He mumbled small reassuring words to me as I cried.

"What's happening to me?"

"I-" he stopped, swallowing thickly, "I don't know."

His grip tightened around me, he rested his head on top of mine, and let me cry.