Chapter 24

{Word Count: 1140}
[UNEDITED]

"So you do recognize him," Sheriff Stilinski sighed.

"I-i thought you were dead?" I took a deep breath, "like stone cold, 6-feet under."

"I'm not, I'm here," he nodded.

Stiles looked baffled by the whole situation, my eyes darted between my father-figure and my real father.

"No."

"No what?" Sheriff asked.

"No, this is impossible, if this is a trick again," I shook my head.

"It's not a trick," my dad tried to reassure.

"But-" I took a breath, "but I saw them bury you, in the coffin, when I was seven."

"I'm not dead, Oly, I promise."

"Well obviously not," Stiles scoffed.

His dad shot him a glare, I shook my head, rubbing my temples.

"How about this, you guys can meet up tomorrow and discuss this, it's late, I'll call you a cab Mr. Gold."

"Sounds perfect," my dad nodded.

They left the house leaving Stiles and I alone. I glared at him out of the corner of my eyes.

"I am not playing with your emotions."

"How would you even know! I feel used, Stiles, I feel unimportant and like a burden and you think you can just waltz in here and start telling me all of this. That kissing me was a mistake? God, I can't believe you."

"Olympia, that's not-"

"Not what, Stiles? Not what you meant, because that's exactly what you said."

He pulled his hand up, running it through his hair, and then softly pulling on the brown strands.

"I get it, you love Lydia, Scott told me, trust me I didn't have high hopes," I spoke softly.

"No, that's not- I don't- I mean-" he muttered.

"Stiles, what?"

"I don't want to hurt you, not anymore, and I can't promise that if I still have feelings for Lydia," He was so quiet I barely heard him.

"Oh."

I backed up a bit, nodding a little, trying to wrap my head around this damn love triangle.

"Olympia, I never intended to hurt your feelings," he reasoned.

"I understand."

"Are you sure?"

I looked up into his soft brown eyes, "yeah."

"Uhm, Scott said he told Liam about Hayden, he took it better, kinda," Stiles tried changing the subject.

"Yeah, that was fun."

I heard the door open, turning to look at Sheriff Stilinski.

"So, your dad?" Sheriff Stilinski asked.

"Yeah," I murmured, running a hand through my hair.

"Are you excited to see him?" Stiles asked.

"I guess, I mean, frankly, he's supposed to be dead, but on the other hand, now I have a parent, but the last time someone from my family made an appearance they tried to kill me."