Chapter 12

{Word Count: 1819}

"What the hell was that?!" Scott exclaimed, hopping out of the jeep.

I gave an awkward smile and looked to Lydia who was staring back at me, once we caught each others eyes we snapped them back to look at Scott.

"We may or may not have made a tree fall over, and made a watermelon explode," Lydia hummed nervously.

"See?" I pointed toward the fallen tree

"Holy-" Stiles cut himself off, looking at the tree.

"Why were you two even screaming? Who's scream is responsible?" Scott asked, hovering over Stiles, looking at the splintered wood.

"Mine," Lydia and I claimed in unison.

Stiles snapped his head towards us, "Who's?"

"Mine," we repeated.

"Well, ours," I finally clarified.

"You screamed at the same time?" Scott asked.

I nodded, turning away, looking back at the area Hayden was in, I felt a shiver run down my spine and I shut my eyes again, inhaling deeply, counting to five and then letting the breath go.

"Okay, so who were you screaming for?" Scott asked for the millionth time.

"Hayden," Lydia sighed, as I turned around.

"She's going to die, right-" I paused, walking over to the spot by the tree, "here."

"Did you guys like see it?" Stiles asked.

"No, it's a wild guess," I crossed my arms, throwing a playful glare.

"Snap," Stiles smiled, "So how did it, y'know."

He used his fingers and dragged them across his throat, I popped my lips and rocked on my feet.

"I don't really know, There was just a shadow and then we screamed," I answered.

"Okay, but we know it's here, so that's a start, maybe it's those angry robed guys," Scott said.

"They aren't monks, Scott, they're Wraiths," Lydia corrected.

"Okay, maybe it's those angry robed Wraiths," he corrected.

I smiled, but then realized, I still had no idea of how to control this whole voice thing.

"It probably is, maybe we should have someone stay with her, but then again she'd probably get all, ' I can protect myself!'" Stiles used his female imitation once more.

"Maybe if we sent Liam, she wouldn't mind as much?" I suggested.

"I don't know, Olympia, they're very hot and cold," Lydia filled in.

"Yeah, but still, it might work, and it might save Hayden, whatever it was, it's shadow was big, so chances are she won't be able to fend it off by herself," I bit my lip out of habit.

"She's probably right, I'll let Hayden know, and Liam," Scott pulled out his phone.

"Maybe it would be best if we left Olympia out of this, considering recent events," Stiles nudged Scott in the arm.

"How do I tell him, 'Hayden's gonna die, but Olympia didn't predict it this time,' I mean he's gonna make the connection," Scott stated, raising an eyebrow.

"Say we're doing some sort of Buddy system thing, like you and Kira, Liam and Hayden, Lydia and Olympia, and me and my bat," Stiles attempted at an excuse.