Chapter 1

{Word Count: 1185}

I was free, still in those damn clothes the people around me gave me. I shuffled out and looked into the bin with my values from 7 years ago. As if they were any use to me now, I saw my mom standing in the doorway. My facial expression didn't change when I saw her. She locked me up in this place for seven years! I don't know how anyone else would react but I sure as hell wasn't happy with her.

"Hi, Olympia," my mom said.

"Mother," I made sure the words that left my mouth were as cold as dry ice.

"You know I had to do this right?" She said walking me out.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, I need clothes other than these pieces of cloth I've been stuck with for seven years," I laced each word poison.

"I figured you'd want to," she nodded.

"Yeah, unless you want to send me back," I said, getting into the car.

"Olympia," my mom said sadly.

"It's whatever, I'll get over it. In seven years," I mumbled the last part, but she definitely heard it.

She started the car and started our way to the mall.

-One Week later, Monday-

I sighed brushing through my blonde hair and sliding on my usual light denim skinny jeans, an Arctic Monkeys shirt, I had recently gotten into music, and the pulling a hoodie on over it. It would be my first day at high school, Beacon Hills High to be exact. Apparently according to my brother, a lot of weird things have been happening since I left for Eichenhouse. Of course I miss all the fun stuff. I pulled my hair out of the hoodie and grabbed my backpack, an apple and making my way out the door without saying a word. I bit into the apple and started walking down my street, some students ahead were barely within view. Finally reaching the intersection, I crossed with 4 other student. The school itself came into view and I got a bad feeling in my gut. One that I recognized immediately.

Just shake it off Oly (pronounced Oli), don't focus on it.

I sighed, walking up the stairs to the school and the closer I got, the more worse of a feeling I got, but I did what I've been doing for the last 7 years, I ignored it. When I got in and found my way to the principals office.

"Olympia Gold, okay, here's your locker number, and your schedule," the person at the desk informed.

I nodded, staring down at the schedule with a map of the school on the back. I glanced it over and decided to find my locker. Barely finding this locker through the crowded hallways, I then struggled with opening the damn thing. Whatever I'm feeling had put me on edge, and it's not going very well. I finally got the stupid lock to open and I shoved stuff in and took off my hoodie. I grabbed my binder that I picked out for science. Then the bell rang, my eyes widened before frantically looking for where the science room was.

It's on the opposite side of the school?!

I groaned slamming my locker closed and putting the lock on. I shuffled my way to the science room opening the door when I felt everyone's eyes on me.

"You must be Olympia, I'm Ms. Rose, I have you seated next to.." She trailed off looking at a chart.

"Mason," she pointed over to the person who I assumed was Mason.