Chapter 13

{Word Count: 1124}

[UNEDITED]

I was sitting on a bench in the graveyard, the pack was gathered around when Mr. Stilinski came up to us.

"Olympia, I need to talk to you," He motioned with his head.

I got up and approached him, we walked over by a tree and he set a hand on my shoulder.

"Your grandfather wants to claim custody of you, and I can't tell him no," He informed.

That sent an unfamiliar rage through me, "he can't just do that, can he? Do I get a say in this? I don't want to be anywhere near him, not after the way he kicked my mother out for marrying my Dad, I might've not been there, but I've heard enough stories."

"I'm sorry Olympia, I'm not legally allowed to say no to him, he's your relative, by law I have to let him take you," He looked down at me with a sorrow in his eyes.

"Just when I thought this day couldn't get any worse," I mumbled under my breath.

I wandered back over to the group, they might have been listening in, but they were looking at me like they didn't know.

"My grandfather has taking custody of me," I rolled my eyes taking a seat back on the bench. 

"What, why?" Kira asked.

"To ruin my life some more, I don't know, he has never shown any interest in my family until now, I don't understand," I bit my bottom lip.

"We'll figure this out, Olympia," Scott reassured. 

"We always do," Kira nodded.

"Stiles, Olympia, we need to get going!" I heard the Sheriff yell. 

"Thank you all, for, y'know, being here and stuff, it means a lot to me," I said in an almost whisper.

"It's no problem at all," Lydia smiled at me.

"C'mon, Olympia," Stiles escorted me back to the car but didn't get in, "Scott needs me to help research, I'll visit you at your step-grandpa's house as soon as I'm done, text me immediately so I know you're safe. 

I nodded, kind of upset Stiles wouldn't be there to see me out, but I understood. Sheriff Stilinski started driving back to the house, before I knew it I had a bag packed. Sheriff and my step-grandfather were attempting small talk, when I got down stairs, sheriff looked at me sadly, giving me a tight hug, explaining how he loved having me here, and Stiles and him would miss having me around. I nodded slightly, hugging him back, my step-grandfather said something about it being a long drive and we really had to get going, and that he'd be back for the rest of my stuff in the next few days. I put my bag in his trunk and got into the passenger seat, Sheriff Stilinski stood outside watching us back out of the driveway, he had a gleam of sadness in his eyes, I gave him one last small smile before we went driving down the road. It was quiet most of the way there, not a word, until we stopped for gas for the car. 

"Will you go give this to the guy in there," He handed me two twenties, pointing toward the doors of the gas station.

I tried to open the door and it wouldn't open, I shrugged and shoved the money in the door, but then I got really confused.

We had gas, we were at a half a tank when we got here, why are we getting gas if we already had gas...

 Something wasn't right, I knew that now, but by the time I turned around, strong arms covered my mouth and around my torso, muffling my cries for help. He moved his hand from around my torso, and then to my mouth, it was a cloth, I felt weaker immediately, making me try to close my airways but I was gonna pass out if I didn't breathe. I breathed in, making my eyes flutter closed, and finally slipping into unconsciousness.

-Stiles' POV-

I picked up my phone, turning out checking for any messages from Olympia, nothing

"Dude, chill, that's like the 50th time you've checked your phone in the last 10 minutes," Scott informed.

"I know but Olympia was supposed to text me when she got to her new house, but I haven't gotten anything, and my dad said they left an hour ago, she should be there by now."

"Maybe she just forgot," Scott flipped a page in his biology book.

"No, she wouldn't forget, she doesn't forget things, something doesn't feel right Scott," I fidgeted with my pencil.

"I'm sure she's fine, try calling her if you're so worried," Scott motioned to my phone.

I nodded, picking it up to call her but it went straight to voicemail, that's when I knew something was definitely wrong.

"Olympia never lets her phone die, she has 3 portable chargers, 6 cords, and 2 plugs, there's not way she'd just let her phone die, Scott, something is wrong, you have to trust me on this, I know something has to be wrong," I chewed on my lower lip. 

"If you really think something's wrong, we can talk to your dad, and see where he lives, and we can go out to see her," Scott closed his book, finally listening to me.

"Now, c'mon, I'm not wasting one second until I know she's okay," I grabbed the jeep keys and yanked on Scott's arm. 

-Olympia's POV-

I opened my eyes, the room was dark, and I wasn't fully away of the chain restraints until I tried to move. My eyes went wide, I tried to yell but the strip of cloth wrapped around my mouth muffled the noises, so I went with tugging against the metal restraints, the rattling made me figure I was chained against a gate. My yanking of the chains caused loud rattling and banging, it wasn't until I heard something electrical that I ceased my movements, my eyes settling on a figure with an electrical wand in their hand.

"I'd stop moving if you don;t want to get hurt," He amped up the electricity, causing the noise to get louder,  I flinched back, hitting my head against the gate behind me.

"Now that I have your attention, you're going to tell me why those Wraiths are in my town, before things get ugly, understand, Oly?!"

I gulped as best I could at the sound of my childhood nickname, that my dad used to call me, no one knew that was what he called me, besides his closest friend, making the connection. The man in front of me was David Hill, a man who went hunting with my dad a lot. 

Hunting what?

That was my question now, because something is telling me is wasn't deer.