Pain and Acceptance

Start from the beginning

I nodded before taking the ice pack and turning back to JJ.

"Also tell him to get off the floor, some lady had explosive diarrhea on that floor a few days ago and unfortunately, hardly anyone had the stomach to clean it up properly." called the nurse behind me, walking away.

I felt like I was gonna throw up and stood up quickly.

JJ reacted immediately to the news as well and jumped up off the floor and onto the couch as fast as his abused balls would let him.

I heard a laugh behind me and I turned to look behind me to see the nurse doubled over in laughter.

"What?" I asked angrily.

"That was too great!" she laughed out as she turned to exit the room.

I was so fucking confused.

"She was kidding Tobi." Called my mom from the bed.

I turned to look at her, a smile on her face as she laughed at me and JJ. Probably mostly JJ.

"Fuck." Came JJ's mumbled words. I turned to look at him, suddenly remembering the ice pack in my hand. I slowly walked over to him.

"Here JJ." I called softly, holding out the ice pack to him.

I watched JJ's brown eyes slowly open and one hand painstakingly move from between his legs to reach for it. Slowly he grabbed it out my hand and placed it between his legs against the hurt area with a soft hiss as he closed his eyes once more.

I felt the guilt inside of me increase at that point.

"I'm sorry Jide." I called out softly, reaching my hand up to cup his face.

"It's cool." He replied, pain still evident in his voice, "I know it was an accident, it just fucking hurt bro." he replied.

"Sorry." I said again, my eyes looking away.

"Hey." Called JJ, "Look at me."

I didn't move my eyes from the spot on the floor in front of me.

"Tobi." He called sternly.

I still didn't look.

"Teddy Bear." He tried softly.

This time he caught my attention. I looked back up at him and the sight took my breath away. His eyes were blazing with that determination he was so famous for and the look on his face was dead serious.

"Now you listen here Tobi." He said slowly, his voice just as serious as his face, though the fact he was in pain still shown through. "It's ok, I will be fine. I doubt my balls are gonna drop off from being kneed in the groin, ok? Sure it fucking hurts like a bitch. Sorry Ma'am." he said, turning his eyes to look at my mom.

"It's ok JJ." Called my mom from behind me. I didn't turn to look at her and instead kept my focus on JJ.

"But I will get over, ok?" he said, looking back at me.

I nodded my head in response, really unable to get my mouth to co-operate.

"Speak Tobi." He commanded.

"Ok." I replied automatically.

What am I? A fucking dog?

"Good. Now bend down so I can kiss you." I followed his command again, feeling a strange warmth as I did so. JJ pressed his lips against mine in a light kiss, sending shocks down my spine at the pure tenderness behind it. It was nothing like kissing Josh, that's for sure. Granted, that is the beauty of this relationship, nothing is ever the same with any of the guys, making each experience with them a new one.