Nightmare

POV: JJ

Warnings: Someone Just having a Nightmare

Word Count: 1029

-Begin Chapter-

I looked down at the Star in my arms on one side, his adorable sleeping face making me smile, and then turned my attention to the now sleeping blonde on my other. His lanky frame over lapping mine and his head resting on my chest close to Vik.

Simon had just stared at Vik until he had fallen asleep, occasionally reaching his hand out to stroke his cheek. He was really worried about Vikk; I don't blame him in the slightest, I am worried too. Simon maybe more worried because he was the one that saw Vik first. I can't imagine how it must have been, seeing Vik run in, tears falling down his face and in that much pain.

I know it broke my heart when I came in and saw the scene of Simon holding him. Our poor Star. I wish I knew what had happened with The Pack so I would know how to comfort him right. I just hope what we are doing, laying here with him, holding him close, just being here for him, is enough.

I felt Little Star squirm a little in my hold. I turned to him, tightening my hold on him and hushing him. Then I bent down and lightly kissed his forehead, causing him to still and snuggle back into my side. So fucking adorable.

I felt Simon move on my other side and I turned to him. His face was scrunched up and he was letting out groans. Oh fuck.

"Josh." I called softly, looking at Simon. I felt his hand fist itself in my shirt as his face started rubbing itself in my shirt.

"Josh." I called a little louder.

"Huh, what?" he called sleepy. I looked over at him and noticed he had fallen asleep, sitting up, Ethan leaning on him.

"Josh, Simon is having a fucking nightmare." That woke him up immediately. He released his hold on Tobi's hand and moved over to Simon, trying to comfort him by rubbing his shoulder and whispering to him. Neither Ethan nor Tobi awoke during this exchange.

"Simon, Simon. Wake up." He tried, but Simon got more and more restless, fighting his nightmare.

I felt Vik beginning to move more, probably getting disturbed due to Simon's moving.

I tried to turn to shush him but Simon let out a loud yell.

"NO VIK!"

Vik immediately sat up, looking around sleepily, confused.

Simon cried out again.

"PLEASE VIK, NO!"

I watched Vik fully wake up and look at Simon from where he sat. I was getting ready to get up and get him out of the room and leave Simon to Josh, but before I could Vik launched himself over me and to Simon. Even in my surprise, I was able to get myself to move over so he could get to Simon, pulling myself away from the blonde completely.

I watched in awe as Vik put his hand on Simon's shoulder and lean over and begin whispering in his ear. Simon still thrashed somewhat and let out groans. Josh continued his rubbing but moved his hand to Simon's back.

After a few minutes of Vik whispering into his ear, Simon's thrashing came to a slow halt and his breathing evened back out till he completely stilled. He was back in a peaceful sleep.

I looked at Vik as he sat there, still leaning over Simon.

"Vik." I called out softly.

He turned to look at me, his eyes wide and a tear or two in them.

It broke my heart all over again.

I reached out and cupped his cheek, wiping away a stray tear or two.

"It's ok Star. He is out of the nightmare. You did an amazing job."

Vik just stared at me wide-eyed. I noticed Josh had moved closer and began rubbing his other hand up and down Vikk's back, trying to soothe him.

"He had a nightmare," Vik said slowly as if he was trying to comprehend what had just happened. "And he screamed my name."

"Yes Star, he did."

More tears began to fall as he asked softly, "Why?"

I moved to cup booth his cheeks and forced him to look in my eyes

"I don't know Star, I wish I did, but it doesn't matter, you fucking got him through it. That is what matters. Now he is peacefully sleeping and it is all thanks to you, don't worry about if the nightmare was about you, be happy that it's over now."

Vik just stared at me wide-eyed before taking a moment to comprehend my words before he finally nodded, understanding what I had said.

I smiled at him and pulled his head forward so I could kiss his forehead. I then released his cheeks and moved my hands to his sides.

Vik looked at me for a moment more before turning his attention to Simon, looking at the now peacefully sleeping blonde.

"Vik, why don't you cuddle with him while JJ and I got downstairs and get some food together for everyone?" asked Josh softly.

Josh, you brilliant man.

I watched Vik's gaze flick up to Josh. They kept eye contact for a moment, Josh giving Vik a soft smile. Vik then nodded and moved his gaze back to Simon. I released Vik and watched as he laid back down, facing Simon. He snuggled as close he could to the blonde, and as if Simon sensed him, the blonde moved his arm around Vikk and pulled him closer moving him deep into his arms, causing the dark haired boy to blush.

I studied the scene for a moment more and watched as Vik closed his eyes and went to sleep with Simon.

I then made eye contact with Josh and nodded before we both somehow crawled out of the bed, leaving the sleeping four behind, Ethan having laid down more so he was now cuddling Tobi. How the fuck did the sleep through all that?

I spared one last glance at the peaceful scene before walking out the door with Josh.

Despite what has happened in the last day, I never want anything else than what we have right here.

-End Chapter-

I hope you enjoyed reading this and may your day be filled with love, smiles, and laughs!