Table For One

Hoseok finished wiping off the counter and was about to go back into the kitchen when a voice called out to him.

"Hoseok, there's people waiting at the door. Wait them, please," his boss said as he passed him, carrying a big tray of drinks.

"Okay," he said obediently and looked over at the door. He paused for a moment. The kid standing at the entrance was from his school. It was a brown haired junior who was somewhat scrawny. Hoseok recognized him, but didn't know his name. He didn't know very many juniors considering he was a senior.

"Table for one?" He asked as he waited for a response. The boy didn't say anything, he just nodded and stared at the floor.

Hoseok turned around slowly and led him to an empty table. "I'm Hoseok and I'll be your server tonight. Would you like something to drink?" He asked as he handed the boy a menu.

"Water."

"Okay... I'll go get that for you," Hoseok said and scurried off to the back. The boy gave him chills and a bad vibe. He didn't like it. He poured the water and returned to the table minutes later.

"Here you go. A-Are you ready to order?"

"Uh... I'll have fries..."

"Is that it?"

The boy nodded. Hoseok smiled awkwardly and speed walked away. Though he found the boy a bit strange, he couldn't help but feel a strange attraction to him. Hoseok pinched himself. "No. You're not into guys. Stop it. You don't even know him. You don't even know his name." He thought to himself, remembering what happened the last time he liked a boy.

He put in the order and stood behind the bar. His eyes wandered around the room but he kept stealing glances at the junior. The more Hoseok looked at him, the more attracted he seemed to become.

      He was so deep in thought that he didn't hear his boss call his name for the fourth time.

"Hoseok!"

He snapped back to reality.

"Coming!"

He ran to the back and grabbed a tray containing a single plate of fries.

      "Here you go," Hoseok said, placing the plate on the boy's table.

"T-Thanks."

Hoseok was just about to leave when questions started to pop up in his mind.

"Um... W-Where do you go to school?" He asked shyly, waiting for the boy to respond.

"... Dwight High School. Why?"

"Cool, I-I go there, too. I'm a senior."

"Junior."

"I kno-... I mean... W-What's your name?"

"Taehyung... Yours?"

"Hoseok. Well it was nice meeting you..."

Hoseok ran off before the other boy had a chance to respond. He couldn't believe that went so well. For some reason, he didn't think the boy would be so... Kind.

'Taehyung.'

Hoseok kept repeating the name in his head for the rest of the night.