Hidden Truth

Yoongi walked up the steps to Taehyung's house. They were meeting a second time for the project. The first time, didn't go so well. Yoongi slightly hoped that this time would be different. He rang the doorbell and waited.

And waited.

And waited.

Nothing.

He was about to leave and come back later when he heard shouting coming from the side of the house. Yoongi walked across the driveway and over to an open window. He peered inside, remaining as quiet as possible.

      Inside, he saw a man yelling. Yelling at who? Yoongi shifted his position to get a better view. He could now see a woman sitting at a kitchen table, looking up at the man. The man took a seat next to her, and they appeared to be arguing.

"Look, you can take Taehyung. I don't want him!" The woman shouted.

"I don't want him either! He's just another problematic kid like his brother." The man fought.

"Well if we both don't want him, what do we do?" The woman asked, arms folded.

"I mean, adoption's always-"

"Shut up! We're not putting him up for adoption! A few more years and hopefully he'll be out of the house," the woman snapped.

"You really think he's going anywhere? That kid's dumber than you!" The man yelled. The woman didn't even looked offended.

"I see where he gets it from," she scoffed. "Anyway, even if he does go to college or moves out in a few years, who's taking him until then?"

They both stared at each other for a minute, waiting for someone to respond.

"He already lives with you right now. I don't fucking want him," the man said.

"Why can't we just trade off? You take him some days, I take him others," the woman suggested.

"Then what? What about school? How about you take him over the summer and I take him the rest of the year? Deal?"

"Hell no! I actually want to have a nice summer this year. He'll just make it ten times worse." The woman argued. Yoongi kept listening.

"Why don't we just kick him out? Tell him to go live with his gay friend or something?" The man suggested. Gay friend? Yoongi was suddenly confused.

"I-I mean... We could. But what's the difference between that and adoption?!" The woman asked.

"Well, if we kick him out... No one has to know," the man said somewhat evilly. Yoongi couldn't believe his ears.

"Oh, that's right! Hopefully his faggot friend won't mind," the woman snickered. Yoongi cringed at the word faggot. It made him want to punch her in the face for some reason.

"So... Do we have a deal?" The man stuck his hand out. The woman hesitated.

"... Deal."

"So, who's breaking the news to him?"

There was a pause.

"I'll just leave him a note saying that he has a certain amount of day's to get the fuck out. I don't feel like arguing with him," the woman said with a small laugh. She took a sip of what appeared to be wine. The two got up from the table and walked into a different room, out of Yoongi's sight. He stood there, frozen at the window.

"That's what I have to deal with. Every. Fucking. Day."

      Yoongi spun around so fast that he almost lost his balance. Taehyung was standing behind him, staring at him. Waiting for his next move.

"Do you still believe that I'm a perfect middle class bastard?"

"N-No... I mean... Yes! This doesn't change the fact that-"

"That what? What, Yoongi? The fact that you still have it worse than me? That may be true, but I definitely don't have the dream life either, okay? So quit. Calling. Me. That. Name. Please!" Taehyung sputtered angrily.

"Fine. It's just a name anyways. Chill."

Taehyung looked like he was about to explode.

"Y-You want to work on the project, or-"

"Go. Away. Please," Taehyung said through clenched teeth.

For once in his life, Yoongi was scared of someone other than his stepfather. He took a few steps back before running away. He ran until he couldn't breathe.

      Once he arrived to his destination, he ran up a flight of steps and banged on Jin's door.