Roomate

Knock knock knock

"Coming!" Hoseok shouted from the family room. He got up and rushed to the door. Once he opened it, he was shocked to see Taehyung standing there with a suitcase.

"Hi... Is it okay if I move in?"

Hoseok just stood there.

"W-What?"

"I sort of don't have a home right now. My parents thought it was a good idea that I move in with you. Can I stay?"

"Um, Taehyung I don't know... I'm not sure if my parents would be okay with it-"

"Please, Hobi. I don't have anywhere else to go tonight," Taehyung pleaded.

"F-Fine. But don't let my parents see you! They aren't home right now... But when they get here, just... Hide, I guess. Until I get their permission..."

Hoseok led Taehyung down a hall and into a small bedroom.

"This is my room. Just sleep on the floor tonight. I'll bring you food and stuff. Don't let anyone see you out of this room, okay?"

"Okay, okay... Can I sleep with you-"

"Shut up, Taehyung!" Hoseok playfully shoved the brunette who had a grin on his face. "Sorry, sorry," he raised his hands in surrender.

"So, what's wrong with your house? Why exactly are you here, again?" Hoseok asked after a while of them talking.

The smile disappeared from the other boy's face.

"Well, let's just say neither of my parents want me so they kicked me out. Nice, right?"

"Wow. I'm sorry-"

"Don't be. I've always hated them. Both of them. I'm okay with being kicked out. It didn't hurt my feelings or anything. No, I've seen this coming from a mile away," Taehyung sighed.

Hoseok found himself staring at the boy.

"Well, I guess I should start unpacking," Taehyung said, snapping Hoseok back to reality. "O-Okay." He responded and got up. "I've got homework to finish."

Hoseok sat on the bed finishing equations as Taehyung unloaded his suitcase. One by one, he neatly pulled out and stacked the items on the floor.

Six shirts.

Seven pairs of pants.

Underwear and socks.

A toothbrush, no toothpaste.

Gum.

A notebook.

A cellphone.

A gun.

A-

A gun?

Hoseok watched as the boy pulled a small gun out of the suitcase. He didn't even bother turning around, as if he didn't care if Hoseok saw.

"Um, Taehyung... What is that?" Hoseok asked, pointing at the weapon in the boy's shaking hand.

"This? Oh, it's nothing," he responded. Though, he didn't lay it out on the floor with the rest of the items. Instead, he stuck it in his coat pocket as if for safe keeping. Hoseok began to worry.

"Are you sure? Guns aren't usually nothing," Hoseok said warily.

"Yes, Hoseok. I promise you, it's nothing important. Don't worry," Taehyung reassured him.

"F-Fine... Okay. If you say so," Hoseok muttered, staring back down at his paper. Though, he had more questions.

"W-Where'd you get it?"

Taehyung looked over at him with an annoyed look on his face. Though, his expression quickly softened.

"I got it from that kid named Jin. He didn't even charge me for it. He seemed really antsy when he gave it to me, though. He shoved it into my hands and told me to take it. That he didn't want it haunting him anymore. That he didn't want it urging him anymore. I honestly think that kid's a little psycho, but he's okay," Taehyung talked as he continued unpacking.

"W-Why do you need a gun?"

"... Reasons. Reasons that you'll understand later."

Taehyung told Hoseok not to worry, but that's all that he could think to do in a time like this.

"Y-You're not going to kill yourself, right?"

Taehyung looked up at him with a cold stare. Hoseok felt shivers run down his body as their eyes met.

"No. Why... Why would I do that? According to other people, I don't have a very valid reason to do so. And plus, I can't so easily leave you," he said that last part with a smile, which made Hoseok blush.

"Okay. I just hope I can trust you."

"Hoseok, you can always trust me. I'm not one to break promises, right?"

"Right. Just promise me you won't leave me? Ever?"

"I promise, okay?"

"Fine. I'm trusting you," Hoseok reminded him.

"I know."

"Hey, by the way... I'm sorry that I just came by out of nowhere. I should've given you a heads up or something. But, thanks for letting me stay here," Taehyung suddenly said.

"It's fine. You can stay as long as you want."

"I won't be here for long. I feel like if I stay forever, I'll just be a burden-"

"Don't talk like that, Taehyung. I'm happy you're here. Don't forget that."

"Okay. But I won't be here forever. I promise."

"I hope you break your promise," Hoseok whispered with a smile.

"Don't worry, I will."