Legacy

"Ah!"

      Jungkook came tumbling down, landing on top of somebody. "Sorry," he said as he hastily got to his feet. He didn't need his crutches anymore, and it had been a while since he used his left leg. He helped the other boy up to his feet. Jungkook recognized him to be a senior named... Oh, what was it?

"Hey, you look familiar. What's your name?" Jungkook asked.

"Hoseok. I think I've seen you around. You're the quarterback, right?" The other boy said.

"Yeah... #4," he responded with a small smile. Is that how people know me? As the quarterback? That's it??? Jungkook thought to himself, somewhat disappointed. He wanted to leave a bigger legacy than "high school quarterback of many."

But what was bigger than that?

"Oh, have you seen this boy named Taehyung?" Jungkook asked before the boy named Hoseok could walk away. The boy seemed to freeze when he heard the name.

"Taehyung? H-He's in the cafeteria... Why?"

"Just wondering-"

"You're not going to like... Beat him up, are you?"

"No, of course not. I just want to talk to him," Jungkook said defensively. Did people also think of him as a bully who beat people up? Jungkook grunted as he walked in the direction of the cafeteria.

"Hey, Taehyung," Jungkook sighed as he took a seat next to the boy.

"Oh, hi. What are you doing in here? Shouldn't you be hanging out with your friends?" Taehyung scowled.

"Yes, but I wanted to talk to you," Jungkook said.

"Okay, what?"

"Well, I've been thinking about something, lately."

"Uh-huh."

"And that something is: how am I going to leave my legacy? How am I going to leave my mark on the world?"

Taehyung stared at him, but he didn't look confused.

"Well, I don't know. How are you going to do it? I can't tell you how to, it's your legacy anyway," Taehyung said, somewhat surprised at the very random question.

"Yeah, but could you give me some ideas? I don't want to be remembered as the quarterback who was a dick to everyone," Jungkook sighed.

"Um... Well... What do you want to be remembered as? I can't really think of anything that tops 'Star Quarterback,' but whatever you say," Taehyung said.

"I want be remembered as... A hero. Yes, a hero. I want to do something good since I'm apparently a bad guy-"

"Woah woah woah... What's wrong with being the bad guy?" Taehyung asked defensively.

"I mean... They're bad. I don't know what you were taught as a kid, but bad isn't good. Obviously. It's evil."

"Pshh. Good. Bad. Evil. They're all just words. Who cares?! Who's to say that being the bad guy isn't right, anyway? I think the villain has the most fun while the hero is stressing out about saving people and not fucking up."

"Well, fine. You can leave you're mark on the world as 'The Bad Guy,' while I help restore faith in humanity," Jungkook grinned.

"Whatever... So, what you're saying is that you're the hero and I'm the villain?" Taehyung asked.

"I guess," Jungkook shrugged.

"Well, the hero and the villain always fight each other. They hate each other. They try to kill each other," Taehyung whispered.

"I guess we'll just have to see who wins," Jungkook got up and pushed his chair in.

"Looks like I'm going to have to 'kill' you, Taehyung. Have fun," Jungkook smirked, putting up air quotes with his fingers when he said the word kill.

"Good luck with that, because I'm killing you first," Taehyung smiled as Jungkook turned the corner. Though, he didn't put up any quotations when he said it.