Rebel

Namjoon sat on his bed, watching the TV, replaying the news over and over again. He had been there. People were still talking about it. He had heard the gunshots and seen the blood. He had seen the dead boy lying on the floor with blood gushing from his head. Namjoon wiped his eyes as if that would help him forget. It didn't. He would never forget.

He stared up at the ceiling above. Thinking. Jungkook. Jin. Yoongi. Those were the names of the three dead boys. Taehyung. That was the name of the fourth.

According to the news and recent articles, Yoongi died first. His body was found outside of the school. Then, Jin, who's body was found in the library. And Jungkook, who's body was found in a hallway with a weeping boy crying over it. Jimin.

And who could forget Taehyung? Who's body was found just around the corner of where Jungkook's had been found. He had a gun lying near his dead hands. A smile on his face. Insanity in his frozen eyes. Namjoon tried to stop thinking.

But the whole thing got even crazier. Apparently, both of Yoongi's parents were found dead in his apartment building. And shortly after that, Jin's mother was found dead, too. Angry citizens had tried to protest outside of Taehyung's house, but to their dismay, his parents had already up and left the distraught town. It was all crazy. All too much for one city to take in at once.

Namjoon stared down at his notebook. Though school was canceled for the rest of the week, he still wanted to study for his English test. He couldn't fail. But why?

He then remembered what Taehyung had told him. About not caring. About living life to the fullest and being free. About having fun. Namjoon had promised the boy that he would do all those things and more if he died before him. And that's what happened. Taehyung was dead and now Namjoon had to own up to his promises.

He started off by tearing his notebooks and textbooks to shreds. All of his pointless notes were gone. He then got up and walked over to a group of shelves hanging on his wall. The shelves held up his trophies and awards. They were all made of glass. He shattered every single one.

He then grabbed the rest of his books and papers and threw them out of his bedroom window. He had never felt so alive. With a smile on his face, he smashed the shards of glass that were littered across the floor with his fist. He gave an insane laugh that didn't belong to him.

Perhaps it was Taehyungs?

He grabbed even more books, tearing out the pages and throwing them all over his room. He yanked more awards off of his wall and threw them against his door. His mind eased at the sound of them breaking.

Namjoon ran down the stairs and out the door, running across the busy street. As he barely managed to dodge speeding cars, he began to hum random rhythms that popped up into his head. His smile was still spread across his face.

He ran and ran all the way until he reached a cemetery. Once he slowed down, he collapsed next to the gate at the entrance. He caught his breath for the first time in the last ten minutes.

He took in his surroundings, gazing around at all the headstones. His smile slowly faded as quiet filled his ears. He got up and headed towards a fresh looking grave, one that had barely been touched. He bent down next to it and sighed.

Kim Taehyung

      Namjoon didn't bother reading the rest of the engravings on the stone. He didn't need to hear what people thought of the boy or how he was remembered. Namjoon just laid back and stared up at the sky.

      He didn't know why he listened to Taehyung. He didn't know why he took his advice. Who takes advice from a suicidal murderer, anyway? Namjoon did, and he didn't care if he was crazy for doing so.

      He thought to himself, wondering what he would do next. Would he skip school? Pull pranks? Quit every team he's ever joined? All because some dead boy told him to do so? Probably.

How ironic, that it'd taken a dead boy to show him how to truly live.

      Namjoon smiled to himself as he breathed in the fresh air, staring up at the cloudless, blue sky. His mind was relaxed for once in his life. He closed his eyes as he continued to think of different ways he could avenge the boy who's dead body lay below the dirt beneath him.