Stars

"Look at the stars-"

"Don't start with that lovey-dovey bullshit," Taehyung interrupted with a smirk.

"Okay okay. No lovey-dovey shit... Look at your face, it reminds me of a dumpster," Hoseok grinned. Taehyung let out a laugh and closed his eyes. He and Hoseok lay in the back of a truck, staring up at the night sky. They didn't know who the vehicle belonged to, they just climbed into the back, spread out a blanket, and snuggled. Were they official, yet? Hoseok hoped so.

"Why'd you invite that nerd to eat lunch with us today? It was just supposed to be you and me," Taehyung asked.

"Who, Namjoon? He looked lonely. It was the right thing to do, okay?" Hoseok said as he stared up at the earth's ceiling. The stars seemed to wink down at them.

"Fine. But don't do that again, okay? I just want it to be us," Taehyung said solemnly.

"Okay... You know, I don't think I ever told you about what happened at my old school. Or did I?"

"You told me that you liked some guy. That was all," Taehyung reminded him.

"Oh yeah. Well, do you want to know the whole thing?"

"Sure."

"Well... Where to begin?"

"You see, I liked this guy. Let's just call him... Taehyung, for fun. Well, I liked Taehyung. A lot. But I was too afraid to tell him-"

"Cliché much?" Taehyung interrupted with a smile.

"Very. Anyway, I liked him so much, it was driving me crazy! So, one day, I told him about my feelings for him. He felt the same way. I was so happy.
So. Fucking. Happy. But then, one day, he told the whole school that I liked men and that he didn't. And for some reason, the whole school just found that so... So... Funny. Cyber bullied. Bullied. Beat up. Teased. Death threats. You know, all that stuff. And so I transferred schools because it was getting so bad. Turns out, the boy, my ex-lover, killed myself after I moved. Apparently he, 'missed me and just couldn't live without me.' He even left me a suicide note. And since then, I've been so afraid to become so happy. Too happy. I was afraid I might get hurt, again," Hoseok's voice cracked at last few sentences. Tears filled his eyes so he shut them tight, letting them run down his cheeks.

"Until now," Taehyung whispered as he wiped away the tears with the back of his hand. "There's no reason to be afraid now."

      Taehyung leaned in and locked lips with Hoseok. Their arms wrapped around each other as their tears collided. They didn't let go of each other until the stars above faded away.