I waited for him to come back as I looked at the blank TV screen. I should go to sleep but I wasn't feeling sleepy. What if they really are together right now? My heart ached for some unknown reason as I bit my lip.

I don't care. I shouldn't care. I won't care.

I didn't know how long I sat on the couch but when I opened my eyes, the wall clock showed 2. Shit! I should sleep.

Just when I was about to get up, I heard the jingling of keys outside and the door opened.

Trevor stepped in and my insides turned in delight. His hair had been messed up, like someone had ran their fingers through them. The top button of his shirt was open, his tie was loose and I hate to admit this, but he looked hot. His eyes were focused on mine as he shut the door behind him.

Still not breaking the eye contact, he removed his tie and threw it on the couch. "You're still up?"

Blinking, I looked away from him and nodded. "I was about to go to sleep,"

He walked further towards the couch and removed his watch, placing it on the table.

"Where were you?" I asled before I could stop myself and regretted it when he looked up at me.

"I don't see why I should tell you. It's none of your business," He snapped.

I gulped and decided to go to sleep. Just as I was turning around, I noticed a stain near the collar of his shirt. It was a lipstick stain. There was also one near the base of his neck.

I stood frozen at my spot as I realised what Patrick said was right. He did sleep with her. Suddenly, I felt my heart breaking at the sight. Swallowing the lump forming in my throat, I turned around and went inside the room.

Lying on the bed, I covered myself in the blanket and shut my eyes. I am not supposed to feel bad. I kept telling myself that it was none of my business but it didn't work as I started missing my Mom and finally a tear rolled down my cheek. I didn't know what I was sad about anymore. Whether it was about not being able to go back to Epitoria or because of Trevor.

It has to be because of Epitoria. It has to be.

My sobs were muffled with my hand and soon, I drifted off to sleep.

*****

The next morning, I woke up around 10. Trevor had already left for college without bothering to wake me up. Why would he wake me up when he can easily avoid me and leave for college?

I made a nutella toast and took a shower. The landline rang and I ran towards it, hoping it was Trevor calling to say something.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Leah?" My heart skipped a beat at the heavy voice and a smile formed on my lips. "Yeah?"

"Oh hey! It's Aaron,"

"Oh," I couldn't keep the disappointment out of my voice and realised I must have seemed so rude. "Hey Aaron. How are you?" I asked with a slightly happy tone.

"I'm great,"

"Where did you get this number from?"

"You filled it in the form,"

"Oh right,"

"So I just called to remind you of our date tonight,"

"Can't believe I forgot about that,"

"I knew it," He let out a laugh. "So I'll pick you up at 7?"

"Yeah. 7's great," I smiled and he hung up. It was 1 p.m. I still had six hours to kill some time off.