Garfield x Reader

So in this one, Garfield will have the ability to shift into his human form like in my previous Garfield one-shot. Which means he'll also be older. 

I kinda feel bad writing about a thirteen year old because I'm 15. . . so you guys are like sixteen in this one. 

So yeah! Hope you guys enjoy.

Requested by sammyhammy5-0

~~~~~~~~

"(Y/N)! (Y/N)!"

You turned around and saw some of your best friends, Garfield and Tim, running towards you. Well, Garfield was the one running. Tim was following him at a leisurely pace, wearing an amused expression.

"Yeah, what's up?"

Garfield held up a finger, wheezing. "(Y/N). . . Need help. . . wait a minute. . ."

"Wow, the boy who can be the fastest animal in the world, defeated by a side stitch," Tim snorted. "If only the adoring civilization could see you now."

"Tim, be nice," you scolded. "Why are you so grumpy today, anyways?"

Garfield rolled his eyes. "He's upset that I'm not gonna be joining him, Bart, and Jaime for their 'guy-group date' at the movie theater today. I mean, I'd love to and all- Big Hero 6 is playing and I've been dying to see it since I saw a Baymax plushie at this really cool store and-"

"Whoa, okay, we're getting off topic here," you interrupted. "But don't you usually go with them, Gar? What's so different about today?"

"Because," Garfield explained, a smug smile worming its way onto his face, "I've got a date. Like a real, official date, with an actual girl!"

Your heart squeezed painfully in your chest. You had the biggest crush on Garfield, but from the looks of it he obviously didn't like you back. Still, you forced a smile and kept your voice perky. "That's- That's great, Gar! How come you never told me? Who is this girl?"

"Well. . ." Garfield scratched his head sheepishly. "That's because I've never met her. It's more like a blind date, actually. See, Clark told Conner that one of his coworkers, Lois, has this friend that has a daughter around my age, and apparently she's been looking for a boyfriend, so Conner recommended me. I'm supposed to be meeting her today, at this small cafe for lunch. But. . . I'm not exactly sure how to act or dress and I was wondering if you could, you know, help me?"

You ignored the sympathetic gaze Tim was giving you and said enthusiastically, "Sure! We better hurry, though. It's ten o'clock right now, and showing up late wouldn't make a good first impression."

"What if I was fashionably late?" Garfield asked. "Nobody could blame me then, right?"

You shoved your best friend in the shoulder. "Gar, if you being late doesn't offend her, then your sense of humor most likely will."

". . . .Sometimes I really hate you, (Y/N)."

SHORT TIME SKIP~

You glanced at the clock and drummed your fingers impatiently against the kitchen countertop. It had been fifteen minutes since you and Tim had sent Garfield off, looking like an Abercrombie & Fitch model. He was probably laughing with his date over a cup of coffee, something you've done with him hundreds of times. 

"What am I doing?" you muttered to yourself, shaking your head. "Being jealous for no goddamn reason. This is ridiculous."

"Well, I know that if Cassie went out with someone else, I wouldn't like it," a voice remarked, and you turned around to see Tim.