A question suddenly entered my mind unwelcomed. How is he doing right now? Is he having fun too like these folks? Is he out on his farm soaking in the warm sunlight with his Labrador? Is Bastienne taking good care of him? Is he even happy right now? My thoughts drifted me back to the time I visited them at their house. It reminded me of how sad his eyes were, though somehow they had a glint of happiness in them but I can't deny the fact that they were obviously full of sorrow. I'd be too nosy to ask Bastienne about it or even pry on it because clearly it was not the reason why I was there and it sure was none of my business. I don't know but I just have a strange feeling towards the man, like I feel so close yet so distant to him at the same time. I feel like I already knew him for quite a long time. I tried remembering if I met him before but I couldn't force a memory in my head. His eyes looked so familiar liked I've met those in the past but then again maybe it was just my own eyes in the mirror. A part of me ached seeing the sadness in his eyes and in the deepest part of me, I felt a yearning to make him smile.

A light bump on my shoulder pulled me from my reverie.

"Are you okay Lexi?"

I looked over at Gab who's now studying me, eyeing me curiously.

"Yes, just thinking about something"

Gab shrugged and after contemplating of asking me or not, she spoke.

"Care to share?"

I took a deep breath before opening my mouth, before opening up to Gab.

"Mr. Wilford"

"Wow"

She raised her eyebrow as she shifted on her seat. She tugged her leg over the other and looked at me intensely.

"Gab, I meant the old guy, Gregory Wilford, not his son"

"Oh"

"Yeah Gabby"

"Okay, so what about him?"

I shifted uncomfortably not knowing how to tell Gab all the strange emotions I've been feeling since I met the old man.

"Is it possible to be worried about someone you just met?"

"Worried? You? About Mr. Wilford, the Gregory Wilford?"

"Yes Gab. I don't know. It's just.."

I tilted my head lightly looking for the right words to say.

"His eyes were the saddest pair I've seen in my entire life"

"Hmm"

"Not to mention, his eyes were the exact same hue of blue as mine"

This got Gab interested as she scooted closer to me and fixed her gaze on mine.

"Really? That's odd. Anyway, why are you worried about the old man?"

"Like what I said he looked so sad and his eyes held so much pain even though he managed to put a good act, I can still see it, and I don't know, somehow I want to see his smile. A part of me wanted his face to wrinkle not because of sadness, but to create a fine line because of too much smiles, too much joy"

Gab thought for a second, set her foot on the ground and extended her arms on my shoulder. She is not looking at me anymore but to the group of elderly in front of us.

"Well the only reason I could think of was maybe he is sad to let go of his land"

"I thought of that too Gab but I don't think that is the mere reason behind hs sorrow. I can't help but think about a deeper reason for it"