30

LEXI

"Gab"

I called her out but it seemed that Gab didn't even want to listen. Gab is too stubborn especially when she's mad. I was about to go check on her if she was ready when Elizabeth phoned me. When I looked outside, Rob was already waiting behind the golf cart. Elizabeth found some discrepancies on the proposal to be submitted to Mr. Ervy and we have to fix it before the program starts.

When I got here, I went directly to the IT room where Elizabeth was and we were so caught up with the last minute retouches that I completely forgot about Gab. Then when I had the time and remembered her, Rob pulled me in a corner pleading for me to help him. You see the nosy reporter is from a local news company here in Riverdale Hills and she is the best friend of Rob's ex-girlfriend who dumped him. The poor guy just wants to be seen with me so that this nosy reporter would think that Rob has completely gotten over her best friend. And yeah, I pretended to be someone Rob was dating. I remember the look on the girl's face like she was confused that she even asked about Gab. Honestly I didn't exactly know what I was doing, like I was just dragged on to it and that was when Gab walked in.

I felt so uncomfortable under Gab's gaze because I knew she was mad at me. Her eyes instantly travelled down my waist where Rob was holding me and I know it made her angry. If she'd just listen to me so that I can explain myself, but yeah she just walked out on me and I can't blame her, we were supposed to arrive together and seeing me with Rob made things worst. I should have just refused Rob in the first place, but it was too late, the next thing I knew, I was face to face with the nosy woman again.

I was startled to hear Mr. Ervy calling Gab from the stage, asking her to come over. The spot light is now turned to her and she looks completely oblivious. She shook her head and somehow forced a smile. She walked past me without even looking and jogged her way up to the stage.

I hate it when Gab ignores me, like my heart throbs and I just don't know what to do. Mr. Ervy stood at the podium, saying a short speech after taking the award. His free hand was on Gab's shoulders the entire time while Gab stood there looking all too pissed. I knew it because I knew her, even though she looked so calm and collected.

"I would like to thank Elizabeth and the entire staff that embodies Riverdale Camp, thank you for this award. I am truly honored for this because I wasn't expecting it, you know me Liz haha. I am the type of person that never expects anything in return because that's the way it should be. I am just giving back because I've been so blessed in my lifetime. Anyhow I'd like to give my warmest thanks for having me as a partner all through the years in changing other people's lives"

The crowd applauded Mr. Ervy and when the cheering went still, he raised the mic and spoke again.

"Thank you, thank you. But you see, I am not getting any younger, in fact I'm feeling a little dizzy right now"

Gab suddenly turned to her uncle and it seemed like she was asking if Mr. Ervy was okay, it almost looked like Gab was in panic.

"Just joking haha"

Gab rolled her eyes scratching the back of her head.

"As what I've said, I'm old and few more years from now or maybe months, well God forbid. I'd be too weak to attend gatherings like this. And with that, I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce to you my one and only, my bubble gum, my ray of sunshine, the new face and heiress of Ervy Empire, Gabrielle Ervy"

Everyone burst into cheers as Mr. Ervy presented Gab among 500 guests that consisted of businessmen, politicians and prominent people of the society. Gab's face was a trace of shock and confusion her eyes went wide, looking completely dumbfounded.