22

LEXI

My morning was perfect until my brain decided to turn it all around and mess up. The rose lying on the table was the icing on the cake. Again, it freaked the shit out of me. I know it might mean nothing and I didn't even know if Gab was the one who got it. I just panicked when I saw it.

My brain keeps on telling me to avoid Gab but I just couldn't seem to control myself anymore. The moment I opened my eyes this morning, I already felt the urge to see Gab and be with her, and then I did. And we had fun in the short time, but yeah my brain always shows up to ruin my day. I knew I disappointed Gab again. Actually I've already lost count on the times I failed her and what makes it worst was that, she never takes it out on me.

I shrug off everything that happened this morning and proceeded to the dining hall where Elizabeth and her team are waiting for me. The restaurant has this magnificent view of the Camp grounds. You can see a glimpse of everything from there, except for the teepes and other cottages up the hill. There were vintage golf carts in different colors parked just outside the resto. The golf carts are used by guests with an accompanying tour guide to roam around Riverdale. I am just aching to get out of here and have a little fun.

Elizabeth and her team showed me a copy of the proposed facility to be funded by Mr. Ervy and we discussed everything through breakfast. Then my eyes averted outside the restaurant on the parking space. Two girls were walking towards the neon green golf cart and I'm sure I knew who the girl in blue shirt was, it's Gab. But the other girl, I knew I never saw her before and she's wearing Riverdale's uniform. I assumed she's an employee.

"Um Elizabeth, who is she?"

I pointed at the girl who's now getting a little too friendly at Gab, fixing her sunnies.

"Oh her name's Lizzy. Actually she just works part time here, whenever someone goes in for a vacation leave. She is one of the tour guides and she's also good with sports and recreation stuff. I'm sure Gab would love her"

I swallowed the lump in my throat at the mention of Gab's name.

"Excuse me?"

"Oh Lizzy is a great tour guide so for sure Gab would be happy having her"

I fought the urge to roll my eyes at Elizabeth. Gab barely knows this girl, how would you even know she'll like her? Gab and Lizzy climbed inside the golf cart and Lizzy started to roll along the grassy ground. My foot was itching to go outside and tag along but I'm stuck in here with Elizabeth. Our meeting has just begun so I'd still be here for a few hours. Elizabeth is discussing something in her laptop but I just couldn't focus my attention to her. I shook my head as I tried to push back the thought of Gab and the tour guide on the back of my mind.

After an hour of pure business, I felt really bored and my eyes began to wander outside. Then I saw them again. They stopped at the archery range and both of them climbed out of the golf cart. It looked like Lizzy was explaining something about Gab, basing on her movements and Gab seemed to be listening closely to her. Ugh! I rolled my eyes.

"Excuse me Lexi, didn't you like the presentation?"

Only then I realized that everyone had their eyes on me.

"Hmm? No. No. I'm sorry, I was thinking about something else"

"Um, you want us to continue or maybe we can have a 30 minute break before we proceed"

"Yes sure, that'll be great. I'll be outside"

Finally, Elizabeth thought of something brilliant. I bolted up in my seat then I stormed outside the restaurant. I moved closer to the range enough to have a good look at Gab and her tour guide.