25

GAB

"Mr. Ervy will be here tomorrow for the awarding ceremony but you need to take his place for the ground breaking. He can't make it until 6 in the evening"

I simply nodded at her. My thoughts still lingered on what happened back at the Teepee. Lexi thought I was gonna do something to her, which made me think if it's just fine because 1, she was letting it happen, and she didn't even stopped me nor flinched. 2, she was mad at me when I left her to throw the spider away and she was asking me if I was playing tricks on her. Does that mean she wants things to escalate between us? Lexi is such a complicated woman. Thankfully there's just something about her that I find myself wanting to be around her. But I have to keep in mind to not get too carried away because I already had my fair share of disappointment and heartaches over this woman.

"And you're going to escort me at the party"

Lexi put her poker face on and smiled sarcastically.

"Do I have a say on this?"

Her eyes went wide like she did couldn't believe what she's hearing.

"Are you telling me you don't want to be with me?"

I pretend to think thoroughly tilting my head on the side.

"Gab!"

"Okay okay fine. Why do you get so angry easily?"

She just raised her eyebrow and ignored me.

"Is it because you are aging? Is this like menopause or something like that?"

Lexi almost choked sipping her wine and then she let out a laugh.

"Gab hahaha.. You're funny! I am just 28 for your information!"

"Yeah but you act like you are fifty years old!" I retorted.

She was silent then she looked at me through the rim of her glass and placed it back on the table. Her eyes never left mine. I leaned closer and rested my left hand a few inches from hers.

"I like that better"

She gave me a questioning look keeping that grin on her beautiful face.

"You're prettier when you smile"

I leaned back on my chair still keeping the eye contact. It's funny how we unconsciously engage ourselves in this staring contest, like if you blink, you lose. I wish she'd blink and lose and that I get to have her as my prize, because I guess that's the only way I can have her.

You see Lexi and I have this undeniable attraction for each other. Obviously she likes me the same way I like her, that's a fact and I'm not that stupid not to notice. I just proved it this afternoon at the Teepee. Anyhow, I can't understand why she's pushing me away and pretending not to care for me at all. But yeah she's 180˚ straight angle and that makes it so impossible to begin with. So yeah maybe I just have to accept that Lexi's just for my eyes only.

Dinner was over and Lexi and I are walking back to tour cottage. We are walking side by side and she would look at me every time my skin brushed against hers, like she'd suppressed a giggle. A few meters away from our cottage, Rob showed up with a huge grin on his face. He greeted Lexi and I, but focused mainly on Lexi. I fought the urge to roll my eyes and played the good sport.

"Hi Lexi, Gab"

"Hello Rob" Lexi greeted.

I just gave the guy a weak smile.

"Lexi, um I was thinking if you'd like to go with me at the theatre hall. There's a play tonight and I'm sure it'll be wonderful."

Rob looked so nervous and his knuckles were already white and he was sweating like a faucet. Then there was me, who stood there dumbfounded and was feeling really awkward. I motioned to leave but then Lexi grabbed my arm before I can even take a step.