42

LEXI

Waking up the next morning I was startled to find Gab not in the bed and nowhere near my sight. I immediately went to the bathroom to check on her but she's not there. I looked outside the balcony but she isn't there as well. I pulled on my robe and went outside my room.

"Where can this little devil be?"

The moment I stepped outside, the smell of bacon and eggs instantly seeped through my nostrils and I felt my tummy growl instantly. Someone's cooking in my kitchen. This got me excited but at the same time it made me worry as well. Hopefully this time, Gab didn't bother Maria because I'm sure she's getting ready for her big day.

I went down the stairs and walked my way towards the kitchen. I immediately saw Gab over the stove, flipping her pancakes on the skillet. Her back was facing mine so I really couldn't see her face. Well I am relieved that she spared Maria this time.

"Good Morning"

She turned and walk towards me, planting a soft kiss on my cheeks as she greeted me good morning. She looked so cute with an apron on and her hair was tied in a loose pony. She had smudge of flour on her cheeks and strands of loose hair were falling on the sides of her face. And yes she still looks amazing with her plain white shirt and skimpy boxer shorts. I put on a stern face making Gab's brow knot.

"Hey. Wrong side of the bed?"

I shook my head then Gab put the skillet back to the stove and walked back to me. She cupped my face and looked straight into my eyes.

"What's wrong babe?"

Gab calling me babe made my insides flip but I have to suppress my giggle because to be honest, waking up without her made me feel off. Having her in my life completely changed on how I looked at it. It's scary to imagine that somehow I depended on someone. Growing up, I never needed anyone's affection for me to feel safe and secure, but with Gab, it's just different.

"You left me upstairs"

"Aww. You look so cute with that pout Lexi"

Gab pulled my chin up and grazed the tip of her nose with mine making me smile.

"Sorry about that, but I wanted to surprise. I cooked this time"

"Hmm"

Gab wrapped her hands around my waist pulling me closer to her, but I pushed her lightly causing her to step back. Then I moved over to the counter table and saw two plates with a heart shaped pancake, bacon and eggs. On the side were 2 glasses of freshly squeezed orange juice.

"You made all of this?"

Gab cocked her head on the side giving me a playful grin that says yes.

"And the kitchen remained spotless"

"I told you I make magic in the kitchen"

I was about to move towards the table but

"Wait"

"What?"

"Um. Your hand looks heavy, let me hold it for you"

Then in a hear beat, my hand was in hers and she guided me to the table, winking at me before letting go.

"Stay still and don't move a muscle"

I shook my head in disbelief of how Gab can be so silly yet sweet at the same time. Now tell me, who wouldn't fall for this green eyed girl who had bunch of tricks up in her sleeve, and at the same time, who is so sweet and charming?