39

GAB

Just one more day and I'll get to see Lexi again. I'm really excited and I'm planning something to surprise her when I get back. But for now, I think I should focus on the presentation. I am seated between Uncle Sullivan and Mr. Cavallari in this huge conference hall listening to this poor office girl's presentation. From the look on her face and her trembling voice, I'm sure she's so freaking nervous. I mean who wouldn't? 20 pairs of eyes glued at you, some are quite convinced while others are scratching their chin like their so oblivious of what's going on. Some are, wait is Mr. Baldy man in navy blue coat sleeping? Oh no. If I were in her shoes, I guess I might have passed out, or prayed that the ground will break open and swallow me alive.

The people are starting to lose some interest in her presentation. Poor lady, for sure she spent sleepless nights, skipped dinner and missed dates for this. Hmm, can I barge in? Would Uncle Sully mind? I've been seating here for good 15 minutes, ten of which I spent imagining about Lexi. The other five was when I decided to focus on the presentation, so yeah I'm getting this her point and I think it just needs a bit primping, but it has potential.

I stood up which got everybody's attention and walk towards the poor girl. Uncle Sully shot me a look but I mouthed "I got this" which made him relax.

"What's your name again?"

"Molly"

"Molly. Okay. Ladies and gents, would you mind excusing Ms. Molly here for just a sec?"

The crowd responded like my interruption was a holy grail they've been waiting for. I grabbed her to the side and look straight into her eyes.

"Hey Molly. I'm Gab, Mr. Ervy's niece"

"Yes I know you and Hi but-.."

"Call me Gab, Molly. But anyway, I'm sorry to interrupt you and sorry that I might get brutally honest, but you're presentation sucks. Not that it doesn't have a potential because it does. It's brilliantly thought of."

"I'm so nervous with Mr. Ervy and Mr. Cavallari here"

"Exactly, having them in the same room rarely happens and you're lucky to be presenting in front of them. Now what I want you to do is breathe."

Molly's hands were shaking and she started breathing in and out, releasing the tension.

"Good that's it, breathe in and out. Now you feel better?"

She simply nodded like she was so clueless of what I was doing to her.

"Now listen to me. I really don't know the struggles you went through to come up with your presentation but the bags under your eyes says it. This is the final step Molly, after the grueling nights of brainstorming and all cancelled plans with the boyfriend, this is it. Now, I need you to turn the tables around. Make your voice loud, enough to drag their attention to you. Smile and maintain eye contact, let them know how bad you wanted this. Can you do that for me Molly?"

"Yes Gab and thank you but.. I- I don-.."

"You got this okay?"

Then I heard Uncle Ervy's voice from behind.

"Is everything okay Gabrielle?"

We moved to the center and I nodded to my Uncle.

"Yes everything's going well. Um I'd just like to ask everyone's attention. Ladies, gents, can we focus to Molly only and her presentation because it might be a loss for us if we don't. Thank you"

There were murmurs and eyebrows raised but in the end, everyone was straightening up their seats and were focused on Molly. I went back to my seat and winked at her. She just smiled shyly at me.