Trust In Love (A Dylan O'Brien FanFic)

Sophia's POV ~
"Are you ready Soph?" Tara my little sister asked me jumping up and down on my bed.

"Not really Tara." I said covering my face with my blanket.

"Come on Soph! Im tired of you being in this funk of yours." Tara moped and fell onto my bed next to me.

"I'm sorry Tara... You'll understand better when your older." I said but hoping she would never have to feel this way.

"Ugh im tired of people treating me like a baby! Im not a baby! Im 12 years old!" Tara huffed.

"I know your not a baby, but your also not even a teenager yet. Put it this way you are in the best age right now. Your not a baby and your not a teen your a kid. Me... Im a teen, and so far for me it's sucked." I said.

"I guess your right Soph... Im sorry i brought it up." Tara said sounding upset now.

"Its ok Tara, but i should get out of my, as you call it 'funk'. Go get ready and meet me downstairs and we'll go." I said.

"Okay, Yay!! Love ya Sophia!" Tara hugged me and left.

Your probably wondering whats got me all "in a funk" as my sister would say. Like i said so far my teen years... Have kinda sucked for me. I know its not really a glamorous part of like but i wasnt expecting all this crap to happen. Im going into my senior year of high school at the end of this summer. Im 17 and will be 18 in October. Im actually not really looking forward to going back to school. I only have 1 real friend. Her name is Gracie and i dont know what i would do without her. She's been through thick and thin with me and is the only one who ever stayed friends with me.

~Flash Back~
"Come on Soph why not?" Ryan asked me in a harsh voice.

"Ry im just not ready..." I said knowing i was upsetting and making him mad.

"Your never ready! Will you ever be ready? Or are you going to be a virgin forever?" Ryan said, this hurt me.

"Ryan im sorry... But i dont understand why you have to get mad at me! No, eventually im not going to be a virgin anymore! But right now i just dont think im ready... Im sorry that your not a virgin but i am." I said.

"How do you not know if your ready or not?" He asked.

"Well you clearly dont like the answer of no... And why would i want to have sex with you while you yelling and being mean to me?!" I said.

"Just yes or no Soph? I dont have time for this." Ryan huffed.

"How do you not have time for this? Me your girlfriend who your treating like shit! Gracie's right i should have left you when you cheated on me." I said trying to hurt him like he was to me.

"Seriously Sophia?!?! Maybe i wouldnt have cheated on you if you would have actually wanted to do it!" Ryan yelled.

"You know what Ryan.... Im done. If you actually cared and loved me you would have waited for us both to be ready. Im tired of you treating me like shit! Your such an asshole. i-I dont want to be with you anymore!" I yelled, Ryan looked shocked.

"Your breaking up with me?!?" Ryan freaked.

"Yes. Yes i am. We're THROUGH!" I yelled walking out of his room grabbing my keys.

"YOU'LL REGRET THIS SOPHIA!" He yelled!

"WHATEVER ASSHOLE!" I yelled back.

For the first time in a year i finally felt free. What's he gonna make me regret? Breaking up with an asshole cause i wont miss him.

~End of Flash Back~

At the time i didnt believe him, that he would make me regret dumping him. But he was right... I still know im better off without him and i can carry on unlike him. He told everyone in the school through text, facebook, twitter, phone call, and just telling people in person... That i was a bitch and a virgin. Now i know it isn't a bad thing to be a virgin but when your 17 and every boy in your school knows your a virgin who dumped the captain of the schools baseball team because you didnt want to have sex... kinda ruins your social life. It made me realize who my true friend(s) were. There is only 1, Gracie.

Ryan and i have been broken up for about 3 1/2 months now. Its about to be the end of summer. I felt like you could just stamp "FOREVER ALONE" on my forehead. Guys in school dont even look my way. Nobody wants me. Ya see Ryan and i were friends since middle school. We started going out the end of sophomore year. He's played baseball since he was 5 and he is a phenomenal player, he was offered a scholarship as a junior last year. Im glad im not with him anymore. He was a great friend but the worst boyfriend ever. Im sad i lost a friend but who needs a friend like that anyway.

I finished getting ready and went downstairs to where Tara was waiting for me to go to the movies.

"Ready?" I asked her.

"Yeah for like an hour now lets go!" She said walking to the door. I laughed and followed behind her.

~First Day of School~

I wore denim shorts and a floral tube top with a light weight denim jacket with sandals. I wore my hair in a fishtail braid and little make up like always. I texted Gracie and told her i would met her in the usual spot and drove to school.I got to school and met up with Gracie outside the front door by the 3 pilar.

"GRACIE!"

"SOPHIA!"

We hugged and went in to go to our first period class. We compared our classes; we had 1st, lunch (4th), 5th, and 8th period together.

We got to 1st period and everyone as sitting wherever. I still got some weird looks from people. Gracie and i sat in two empty desks in the right middle part of the room. The teacher came in and the bell rang.

"Good morning class! I hope you all had a great summer. Looks like we have a full class. Is everyone happy where they are right now?" He asked. Everyone nodded because we were all sitting by our friends.

"Okay great then you'll just stay where you are." He smiled. Then the principal came in with a boy. A cute boy at that. 'What are you thinking Soph.' I thought to myself.

The principal left after talking to the teacher and then introduced the kid to the class.

"Class this is our new student Dylan O'Brien. You can have the only open seat next to Sophia." The teacher said gesturing to me.

"Okay thanks." Dylan said and then sat next to me.

Dylan's POV ~
"Hey, welcome to North. Im Sophia but you can call me Soph." The girl with wavy brown hair and pretty hazel eyes i was told to sit next to said.

"Hey, thanks. Im Dylan." I said, she was really pretty and seemed really nice.

"If you need any help about classes or anything just ask. Or you can ask Gracie." Sophia said pointing to the girl behind her.

"Hi!" Gracie said with a smile.

"Hey." I said.

The teacher finished writing the list of things we needed for the class on the black board and told us to write it down. At the end of class the bell rang and everyone got up and left. I had no clue where to go. I was trying to use the map the principal gave me but it made no sense.

"You look confused. Need help?" Sophia said with a cute little giggle.

"Umm... Yeah I am that would be great." I handed her my schedule and she looked it over.

"We have 2nd period together. Come on you can walk with me and i'll show you around." She said handing me back my schedule.

"Okay thanks." I said. Sophia said bye to Gracie and told her she would see her later and we were off to 2nd period. There was something about Sophia. I couldnt quiet put my finger on it... But i really liked her already and couldn't wait to get to know her better.

__________________________

So this is my second Dylan O'Brien fanfic that i am writing! I hope you like it. If you are reading my first story, you see the similarity of the Highschool setting. In this fanfic it isnt going to involve any fame, as in being a celebrity. In my other story he goes into being a celebrity. Give me some feed back on what you think of this first chapter! Love you guys! <3

P.s. this one is also being posted on my Teen Wolf/Dylan O'Brien instagram which is @teenwolf_loves_stiles
~ Krissy