Epilogue

🌺River's POV🌺

I went to him every month for progression. He was the father so I had too. My belly was getting big now and was hard to hide. I bit my lip, I was always nervous before seeing him.

"Let me see my child!" I hear him yell behind bars.

I wanted to back out but it was in the decree that he had the right to see me every month until the child was born.

"Okay ma'am. Go." The officer lady held open the door into his chamber.

"Thank you." I say as I walk through.

I walk up to his bars and let him feel my stomach.

"Oh River..." He smiles. "You're getting big."

I bite my lip harder as his hands touch my swollen stomach. It was getting sensitive. In the first months I never had to stay long because there was nothing to see, but now? Every visit seemed to be longer.

"Gender yet? Or are still keeping it away from me?" His head turns to look up at me.

"It's none of your business." I said simply, trying not to show my fear.

"It is kinda my business, I mean since it's mine." His calloused hands left my stomach.

"No, it's not." I growl.

"Oh River, one day I will get out of jail. I will find this baby and tell it the truth. That its baby daddy isn't who he says he is and is really me. You won't keep the lie going for long." His smile makes me squirm.

"Damien you gave up those rights ever since... Hmm you tried to kill me." I turn away.

"Well let's just say that I would be able to see this unborn child. Oh, all the things I would be able to tell..." He snickers.

"No! I will never allow you!" I put my hands over my swollen stomach.

"What if I could make the pain go away? Punch you right now and save a trip to the hospital?" His head cocks to the side.

"No! You will never touch me again!" A tear runs down my cheek.

"Wow such an emotional human." He chuckles. "How is pretty boy taking it?"

I turn my head to look at him then turn away.

"Blake's... Not really gonna be in the picture anymore." I tell Damien.

"Ooh, how interesting." He laughs.

Ever since Blake thought about going off to college we haven't talked a lot. We both knew it was best for his career and, if he wanted to stay with me, for the baby. Except he wanted to go all the way to New York to do so. My mom offered to help me with whatever I needed but now I needed Blake.

"No, it's not like that. He just is talk about going to college." I explain.

"To see another girl? Maybe get a not slütty girlfriend? Hmm? Or maybe to have..."

"No. Blake's not like that." I simply put it.

"But what if he is? He was a player back in his youth. Maybe to find a girl better than you. And you know you'll come running back to? Me." He evilly grins.

"No! Never! I will never go back to your trickery and betrayal. You had one chance and lost it!" I start to feel nauseous and fall to the floor.

"Too much bark and not enough bite I see." His eyes show pity.

More tears fall from my face.

"Trust me River when I say this... I will never allow you to forget me." I cower at his words.

I get up and knock on the door.

"You hear me River?!?! You will never forget me!!! I don't just go away!!!" I hear his screams as I walk through the door into safety.

_______________________________

This is the end. I'm sorry if it's not what you expected. There may or may not be a second one I don't know. But it's not coming for a long time. So while you wait read my other books, they're pretty good.

-Sillywriter4