Chapter 38

I say against the door and cried. My feelings were tore up. On one hand Damien is now mad at me, and another I'm mad at myself. I should've just done what he asked, I should've just listened. Instead I was selfish. My body shakes as I cry out my guts.

He said that I didn't care enough, when I should've cared more. I hope he doesn't hurt himself, just because of me. He's gonna get hurt and be dead tomorrow's. I'm not gonna have him and he'll be gone forever because of me.

"What have I done?" I bring out my phone and call him.

Ring

Ring

Ring

Ring

Nothing, he didn't want to speak to me. I hear his voice in his voicemail. The lady asks me if I want to send a message. This is my only chance to reach him.

"Damien, this is River. I'm so so sorry. Please come back, don't leave me alone. Please I love you, I care about you so much. Please come back, we can do whatever you want, please just come back." I say into the blank phone.

I send the message, soon I get a text from Blake.

Hey are you okay? I saw you fall, but did you leave?

Yea I'm fine, I'm just not feeling well lately. Thanks for looking out for me.

I sent the message. I need to get out of here. I open the door. It leads to a hallway that has an elevator. I press the lobby button and it takes me down. I get out out start heading for the door.

"Hello Mrs. Idris, how are you doing this fine evening?" I turn around to see a young clerk boy.

"What did you call me?" I ask walking closer.

"Mrs. Idris, would you like for me to call you by your first name?" The boy looks confused at me.

"I'm not married, who signed me in?"

"Damien Idris was the mans name that he used to sign you in. He said that you were his wife, is that untrue?"

He called me his wife. I mean it was cute and I kinda laughed a little. He used it so they wouldn't question the noise coming from our room if we were to...

"Ma'am?" The clerk asks.

"Oh never mind, I'm having a horrible night. Thanks for asking." I walk away.

"Is there anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable?"

"No, I'm not staying."

"Oh, well you're checked in for tonight." The boy must be so confused.

"I'm sorry sir I'm not staying, I'm going home." I walk out into the cold September air.

I hear the doors behind me open up and the boy comes out.

"Ma'am would you like for me to call a taxi?"

"I don't have any money on me..."

"Oh it's okay you can put in on Mr. Idris's tab." The boy smiles.

"Yea okay, I'll take that taxi."

A few minutes passed and I take a taxi home. I look out the window at all the lights. There weren't that many because we were still a small town but maybe it was just the familiarity of it. The driver takes me to my front door and I go inside.

My mom comes up the stairs to greet me but I pass her and go up to my room. I was too tired to cry anymore. I was gonna have to deal with it tomorrow. Which I still have school. Ugh.

My body falls asleep instantly as I hit the bed. I think I was too tired for my dreams to evade my sleep because they never came.

I wake up and head downstairs. Grab breakfast and head out to the bus. The bus gets there as soon as I do and I pick a seat. For a while I don't notice it but Damien doesn't get on the bus. At first I didn't seem to care but as we got closer to the school my mind began to worry.

The bus dropped us off and I head straight into school. I look for him and see nothing. People push by me to get to there lockers and soon enough I have to accept to continue on with my day. At lunch he was not there either. I didn't sit with my usual table, I sat alone.

All the gang comes and visits. They all ask what's wrong but I don't have the heart to tell them that I couldn't handle it. Blake stops by but soon leaves knowing I don't want to talk. Lunch quickly gets over as with the rest of my day. School gets out soon enough but I don't hop on the bus.

My feet take me to the field. I lay in the middle all by myself. The grass tickles me as I sit there. Then I pick myself up and head over to the abandoned house. The wood is long gone old and probably will break under someone's weight.

I open the rickety door and it creeks as I enter the home. It still smells of flowers. I fix the blankets that are over the couches. I sigh. Once a long time ago this was a pretty house, but now? It's just someone's dream gone lost. I walk over to the kitchen and see some of the pots are still out.

I smile. I feel every single one of them as I walk through history of someone's past. My eyes search the red old paint. Above the cabinets was a checkered pattern. They had an interesting taste of style.

My hands touch the railing as I walk up the stairs. They creek under my weight, this whole house was falling apart. I hear noises come from one of the three bedrooms. I walk closer as stop in front of the door.

I stop my hand from opening the door. What will I find on the other side?