Chapter 167 - Funeral

Start from the beginning

"It's great to see you too Joe." I smiled.

"You've really, grown up, you look just like your mother. You really are gorgeous." He said, smiling at me, I felt Lin wrap his arms around me from behind, holding me protectively.

"We should probably sit down sweetheart." I heard Vanessa say to Lin.

"Okay." He turned to her and pecked her lips.

"Wait, who's this?" Joe asked.

"My mom, Vanessa." I said, and I slipped my hand into hers.

"Well, you're gorgeous as well." He smiled at her, and I saw Lins expression harden.

"Thanks." She smiled a little at him, to be respectful.

"I'm being serious, you're way out of his league." He said referring to Lin.

"Im very well aware of that. Back off." My dad said, angrily.

"I'm just saying, she's hot."

"Yeah, I know, I married her." He seemed pissed off, until my mom moved in front of him and pressed her lips to his.

"Please stop hitting on my mom." I said softly.

"Honey I've been hitting on your mom since you were a baby." He said, placing a hand on the small of my back, pulling me to him.

"Get. Away. From. My. Daughter." Vanesa said, angrily.

"She's not your daughter." He scoffed, then pulled my body up against his, and kissed me. I felt him then yanked off of me, and I saw Lin pulling him away.

"I promise darling," Vanessa whispered to me, as we walked to our seats, "this is the last time you ever have to make contact with your old life." I sat next to her, leaving a space next to her for Lin, who was probably yelling at Joe.

•••

Lins POV

I yanked Joe away from my wife and daughter, and pushed him into the backseat of my car.

"Listen." I snapped, "don't touch them."

"Too late dude." He said laughing.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"It means, well, I've known Abigail for a very long time and..." He was going to continue but I cut him off.

"Shut up you son of a b**ch!" I glared at him, and went on to yell at him in rushed Spanish, I mean, I was angry. "You're going to walk away, you're never going to come back, and you're never going to see Abigail or my wife again." I said switching back to English, "Do you understand? I will get a restraining order. My daughter does not want to be here, she was terrified, she was physically shaking in the car. Right now she is here because she has basic respect for the dead. She isn't here to catch up with you, she isn't here because she adored her father, she's here because she's a good person, and you're going to treat her as such. Now. Get out of my car, and leave."

"What about your wife?" He smirked.

"My wife? Well, hate to break it to you, but, if I'm out of Vanessa's league, which I am don't get me wrong, you and V aren't even playing the same game, now, out." I pointed out of th  car, and he sulked out. I myself got out of the car, fixed my ponytail, then took my seat next to my wife at Ryan and Laura's funeral.

Abigail was obviously uncomfortable during the funeral, especially when the speaker said they left behind a teenage daughter, who is now an orphan. She barely looked up, spent most of the funeral playing with her hands on her lap, and I don't blame her. I'm glad she's not part of that family anymore. I'm glad she's part of mine.

•••

Thanks for reading!

I've already written 7 epilogue chapters and all I want to do is publish them...

You'll love them.

- Abi