Chapter 24

"So. Lunch at, uhh- Beach Creek. What do I wear?" Jaden said to me, and some of the other boys who were sitting in the room.

"Dude you sound like a girl." Braden said, chuckling at his joke.

Jaden rolled his eyes, turning back to his closet.

"What's the nicest thing you have? Something that's not too.. Baseball-ish." I replied, trying not to show too much interest.

To be honest, this whole lunch thing rubbed me the wrong way. Sure, maybe Kristas dad actually wanted to meet with Jaden, but I was almost positive this whole thing was for her to have lunch with Jaden.

"Khakis, and.. Uh, this shirt?" Jaden questioned, holding up a hanger with a blue polo striped shirt.

"Yeah, that looks good." I said flatly, looking back down at my phone.

I figured, the less interest I showed in this lunch thing, the better.

"Alright, I'll go change. How much time do I have?"

I checked my phone, "fifteen minutes."

He nodded, raising an eyebrow, and they walking into the bathroom.

"Is somebody a little jealous?" Cole asked, pursing his lips and giving me a knowing look.

"Could be. Doesn't help that my boyfriends having lunch with his trashy ex." I stated, raising my eye brows at Cole.

"Okay, I get it. Listen, you're the best he's ever had. I'm not just saying that because I'm your brother- I'm saying that because I've met the other people he's been with. If he leaves you, he's insane. I'm pretty sure he knows that too."

I sighed, not wanting to admit it, but also knowing that Cole was right. Giving satisfaction to a sibling was the worst.

"Dang, that was deep." Zack said, patting Cole on the back.

Cole shook his head and started to crack a smile.

"He's right though, Chlo. Leaving you would mean he's crazy." Zack said.

"Thanks guys, I can only hope you're right." I said hopefully, just as the bathroom door has swung open.

"Krista just texted me, the limos here. You guys want to come down with me?" Jaden said, grabbing his key card.

We nodded, and followed behind him into the elevator.

Once we were in, Jaden whispered in my ear, "please trust me when I say, I'm not interested in her. Okay?"

I bit back my anxiousness and nodded, even if I didn't fully believe it, he didn't need to know that.

Jaden took my hand and gave it a squeeze, letting go just as the elevator opened.

The black limo had pulled up out front, becoming the center of attention. Krista came out of the side door, grinning widely at Jaden.

"Well hey, boy am I glad to see you." She said smoothly, bringing me 3 seconds away from smacking her.

"Yeah, you too. So, any idea when we'll be back? I have a game later and -"

"It's not a problem. My dad is aware and said you'll be back in time. You look great, by the way." Krista said, making it obvious she was attempting at flirting.

"Thanks, I was hoping this would be okay."

"My dad says we better get going, See you guys later! Bye Chloe." Krista said, waving.

Jaden walked over to give me a quick hug, and just as I saw her look at us; I gave Jaden a kiss.

"See ya babe," He said, grinning.