Chapter 5// I got you

"Last Call – flight 264 – to Orlando florida." A perky voice ran through the loud speaker.

Shit. "Zack – we have to run, I'm so sorry though I didn't know this would take this long..." I trailed off, tugging on his shoulder and taking off in a jog.

I had to go to the bathroom, and not wanting to go alone – Zack volunteered to go with me. Little did I know, there would be a fifteen minute line just to get inside the bathroom. He was an angel just for waiting with me.

If he was frustrated, his face certainly didn't show it. He started to jog also, his pace falling into time with mine – the soles of his Nike shoes connecting with the floor exactly as did my sandals.

"Don't worry about it, I mean, I did volunteer to go with you and I was aware that you happen to be of the female gender," He said matter-of-factly, raising an eyebrow making him look like a total doofus.

"Oh?" I said with a smile, looking at him with an equally raised eyebrow. "And by that you meant..?"

He shrugged, as we both ran – "Well I figured it takes longer than it does in the men's bathroom. Which –" his arm gestured back to the line wrapping around the corner from the bathroom, "I was correct about."

I rolled my eyes, "Ugh, why do you always have to be right."

"What can I say – it comes naturally." Zack laughed, grabbing my arm and stopping me from running

I was startled, and jolted around to see what he was up too. "Piggyback ride? I'll run, and believe it or not we might get there faster. Unless you'd rather stay here – which don't get me wrong, I love your company but we've kinda got a plane to catch."

"Yes definitely, lets do it!" He crouched down slightly and I hopped onto his back.

He turned around and offered a smug smile, "You ready?"

Before I could say go, Zack took off at full baseball player speed. I couldn't stop laughing, and took my phone out to video a snapchat video of Zack and I piggybacking' it to the gate. I captioned it "when you and bae are late for your plane"

We approached the gate, and the flight attendant raised her eyebrows suspiciously. Zack let me off his back, and I tried to hide my grin as the flight attendant held a straight face.

Zack, slightly out of breath, started explaining. "She had to go to the bathroom, and I waited for her, and there was a huge line and then you – or some other flight attendant, called our flight for the last call... and well this was the fastest mode of transportation."

"Ahh.." The flight attendant said, trying to make some sense of what he just said – and trying to keep her cool. "Well, I suppose you'd better get on with it- the pilot won't be much happy if we wait much longer."

"Oh – yeah, right. Sweet. Well thanks!" Zack yelled, waving as we entered the terminal.

"That was something," I said, recounting what had just happened and laughing to myself.

"It truly was – this trip's going to be full of good times' I can feel it already." Zack said, excitement written all over his face.

I nodded, full of anticipation for what was yet to come. As we boarded the plane, Zack let me go first and gestured with his hand.

"Thank you, what a gentleman you are." I said sarcastically, biting a grin on my face.

Zack nodded, "Anything for the ladies."

Such a flirt, I thought to myself and laughed.

The plane was privately reserved for our team – so there were a few seats open. The parents had unanimously decided to sit in the back of the plane; and the open seats remaining in the front were obviously for Zack and I. I sat down next to Zack and Cole, with Jaden right across from me.