Chapter 16//

{A/N: last chapter was really emotional and im still not really sure how to feel about it lol. anyways thanks again for your reads and votes/comments ❤️}
* Chloe *
If there was any way to describe how rock bottom felt, it was everything I was feeling.

I left the pool, tears streaming down my face, making my way through the grove. Passed the surprised and confused looks of the baseball players in the lobby and game room and ran straight into my room.

I sat down at the table, not even bothering to clean myself up or wipe the tears. They wouldn't stop falling.

Jaden was the only thing on my mind. I hated him. Admitting that to myself made me cry even more.

I loved him. He also loved me, but that ended quicker than I was aware of. The memories hurt the worst. The time I accidentally called him babe, freaking out after it - but him assuring me it was totally fine, and him hoping I actually meant it.

The times we kissed, and everything felt so right. It had never crossed my mind where we'd end up in just a few days.

Most of all, what hurt the most - was the fact that I had so much love for him, that I didnt even want to hate him.

He cheated on me, and yet even still - it was so hard to get over him.

But I has too, because he was with someone else. More than that, he lied to me, badly.

The door swung open, and I lifted my head instantly. My eyes were red and my face was damp with tears - but I didnt care who saw me like this.

Ben.

"Wags, ... I.." He paused, a sympathetic and pained look on his face.

I got up and met him at the door, he wrapped his arms around me, and I did the same. Laying my head on his shoulder and shaking a little as I cried.

He was so comforting, and for a few seconds - he almost made me forget about what had happened.

He went to the bathroom, got some tissues, and sat down next to me on one of the beds.

"I heard, about everything.." He trailed off, passing me a tissue.

I nodded, figuring it would pass around.

"Um," he scratched his neck, glancing at the wall. "Braden found me, he said it'd be best if i went to talk to you. He gave me his card so I could get in."

Braden was the only one who knew about me and Jaden, besides Ben. He was honestly so caring and I was so thankful.

"Henline is an idiot. He's more than than, he's honestly a damn fool." Ben said, shaking his head angrily.

I was too drained to say anything, too upset, so I just listened to him talk.

"Some people, they have the best thing in the world. But yet, they can't even see that it's theirs. They arent even deserving. He had you, Chloe, and didn't deserve you; at all." Ben said softly, putting his hand on my knee.

I nodded, a tear falling as I looked at him. Why, why on earth was the kid who always flirted on me, and even had a crush on me, being so nice to me? Even when I was with someone else, he was still so kind.

It was just then that I realized, I didn't deserve Ben.

"I- I don't really know what to say.." I admitted.

Ben looked at me, a soft smile painted on his face.

"You don't have to say anything."

"No, I mean, why? Why are you doing this? I don't deserve it. I don't deserve you,"

"What do you mean?" Ben asked, his face saying a million things.

"I dated Jaden, and you were still nice to me. You hated Jaden, told me that he was a jerk, but I still didnt listen. Now look where we are, you're right, and I'm wrong. But yet you're still here, not trying to make me feel bad, or anything."

Ben laughed, his eyes gleaming. "You've got it all wrong though. Why would I try to make you feel bad? Chloe, I don't know how else to say this, but I love you. It hurt, it hurt me so badly when you were hanging around Jaden. But, y'know, I wanted you to be happy so badly that I tried to be calm about it. I tolerated Jaden. Now after this, I have no remorse for him, at all."

I looked at him, raising an eyebrow. "You loved me?!"

He shook his head, a smug smile on his face. "Still do."

I laughed, finding myself smile at the unmistakable charm Ben had. The same thing I found myself smiling at the day I first met him.

"Now's kinda the time you say you love me back, y'know." Ben said, looking at me with a raised eyebrow.

I did though. I did love him. The only bad thing? I still loved Jaden too.