Chapter 18//

(Anyone else sad that it's almost been a year since rl little league team won us champs)

I woke up this morning, and saw half of the boys were already awake. Zack, Cole, Chayton, and Jaden usually got up early so it was no surprise to me that they were up already.

"About time!" zack said, his mouth forming a smile.

I threw my pillow at him, and he caught it instinctively. "Hey now, this is early for me. I usually wake up at eleven."

He grimaced, shaking his head at me in a motherly way. "You're right, how do you sleep that late?"

I shrugged, gesturing to Cole. "the longer I sleep, the less time I deal with his shenanigans."

"Talkin 'bout me?" Cole said, raising an eyebrow.

"All good things, all good things." I said with a smile.

out of the corner of my eye, I could see Jaden. He laughed at what I had said to Cole.

He laughed.

I found myself clenching my jaw, and my blood started to pulse. Everything he did drove me insane. He broke my heart, just yesterday - but part of me still wanted to love him. It was so messed up.

I hated when he smiled at something funny, something we usually would've laughed about together, or when a fan at one of the games flirted with him and he hugged them back. However, back then I had relief that it meant nothing. After all, he was with me.

Now, I felt jealousy, hatred, and yet also longing just to be his again.

"Mhm, that's what they all say." Cole muttered, grinning at me.

He hadn't voiced an opinion on the whole Jaden thing yet, except hugging me yesterday when I started to cry for the third time.

"Could y'all be any louder?" Braden said, pouting like a lil puppy dog. He looked so cute and tired.

"Good morning sunshine." Chayton muttered, receiving laughs - not from Braden.

Morning Braden was not one to mess with. That I learned the hard way.

"Anyway, what time's your game today? I'd like time to get ready for once." I said sarcastically, pulling myself out of bed.

"An hour, but dad wants us there in thirty minutes." Cole said.

I groaned, I loved my dad but he could be a pain at times.

"Could you go down to the grove and get gatorades? I hate to ask but we all have to go down earlier so I thought maybe..?" Cole trailed off, looking at me with angelic eyes.

"So you thought I'd do it." I said flatly, not really wanting to move any more than I had too.

"Well when you put it that way.."

"Ugh, fine. I'll be back." I said, grabbing my card and heading out the door.

Before it clicked I heard a few "thanks Chloe" from inside.

I got into the elevator, with a few other baseball players who held the door for me.

"Thanks," I said appreciatively.

"It's -uh, no problem." One of them said, before addressing me directly. "So you're Coles sister?"

I nodded, it seemed as if everyone was aware of that. "You got it,"

"Well I heard you and Jaden didn't exactly work out, but uh- one of my teammates said he was interested." A few of the other boys nudged him and laughed lightly.