Chapter 21//

It was three thirty the next day, and I was quite nervous.

It was the sixth inning, and red land was down by four runs. It wasn't like I wanted to be cocky, but this had never happened before.

All of the boys games had made it pretty clear that the mid-Atlantic team was very talented. This was the first game where they were losing by more than two runs, and especially being that there was only one inning left.

My mom was in tears, thinking that we were definitely going to lose the game. Mrs.Kolmansberger was trying to keep it together too, but her expression looked pained.

My eyes were a little red, due to the fact I shed a few tears. This was such an incredible run, and it was sad that it would come to an end.

Chayton was at the plate, and he struck out on the first pitch. I felt like burying my eyes, it was so hard to watch.

On his second hit, he hit a home run! The only bad thing, no one was on base - so we only had one run.

It was progress though, now we were only down by three.

Adam and Jake both got base hits, currently waiting on second and third. We had two outs, and the next batter was Jaden.

My heart sunk a little, knowing we could lose the game if Jaden struck out. Not only because he was my boyfriend, but because I know he would feel terrible - and like it was his fault they lost.

I crossed my fingers, my nerves practically getting the best of me.

"Mom, I can't look," I muttered, covering my head in her shoulder.

I could see the boys in the dug out, watching Jaden with such anticipation and hope.

Please Jaden, don't strike out.

Within a few seconds, all I heard was the crack of a bat - and the stands roaring.

My mom was off her feet, and I looked up, to see Jaden had hit a home run, and Adam and Jake also came in.

Not only did we tie them, but now we had one more run than them. This was honestly incredible.

I cheered loudly, clapping like everyone else. The other players all piled out of the dugout, hugging Jaden and cheering.

They had unofficially won. The other team batted and didn't get any runs. We won another game.

I could feel myself getting teary-eyed as I pulled my mom into a hug, the tears streaming down her face. I thought for sure they would lose this one; but the boys were so incredible today.

"Let's go congratulate them," My mom said, and we were ushered down onto the field.

As soon as I got down there, Jaden made a beeline for me. He picked me up and hugged me with such intensity I thought I would be crushed.

Finally, when he set me down - I noticed how eager and happy he was. "I honestly love you," he said, his eyes practically gleaming.

"I love you too," I said, grinning infectiously as he wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer to him.

He was exhausted, sweaty, and tired, but yet something about that made me find him even more attractive.

"Chloe!" Cole yelled, joining Jaden and I. I let go of Jaden, and hugged cole.

"Congrats! You guys really played your butts off today." I said, smiling.

"Thanks, seriously though, couldn't have done it without ya Jaden." Cole said, and the high fived.